Sue Begg

In message , Mike
writes

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
. ..
Mike wrote:

Visited the Homebuilding and Renovation show at NEC and saw for the

first
time a MicroCHP which really looked the dog's doodahs. It was on the
PowerGen stand but of course nobody had any details on how to buy one.

Does anybody know the commercial situation with these ? When will they

be
available and for how much ?

Thanks and I will do. Hopefully costs will drop but the key advantage I can
see is we have so many short power-cuts that if the heating keeps itself,
the lights and computer on during these then it's a big gain. However I
will need an LPG one which presumably is some way off.

We have been thinking about geothermal underfloor heating and possibly
using a domestic windmill to power the pumping. Reading this thread has
given me something to think about. Does anyone know if the small
windmills have a cut off if the winds are strong? Because here in the
NE Scotland our winds are usually strong and it would seem silly to
install a system that is not going to work when it is cold and windy and
the heating is really needed.
--
Sue Begg
Remove my clothes to reply

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons - for
you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!