Murray Peterson

wrote in news:1113914711.263445.300340
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I was thinking about stacking two studs face-out instead of edge-out to
give me that extra target area. This would also eliminate the
possibility of a screw going into the crack between two edge-out studs.

Make sure that you have some really good backing if you do that -- our
glass door is *heavy*. Any flex or give in those studs would result in the
wall flexing -- not a good idea when you have tile and glass mounted on it.

Personally, I would go with the studs on edge -- at least 2 of the four
screws will not hit the crack between the studs.