jay s

need to know what kind of collets the machine is using. also what power does
it need for the motor?
and does the machine come with anything else.
my brother and I are in serious cosideration on the machine.
please email me

"Ignoramus25521" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 23:05:35 GMT, jay s wrote:
how far are you from Rock Island? been looking for a mill

Just a thought, you and I could save some costs by you coming with me,
at some point, and picking the mill up from that guy. You would pay me
a price that is lower than going ebay prices.

"Ignoramus25521" wrote in message
I am in N Illinois.

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:37:02 -0400, Eide
wrote:
Where are you located?

"Ignoramus25521" wrote in message
A guy is offering his Clausing mdl 008530 s/n 009852 mill, and a
clausing lathe for sale for $850. I am wondering if it is a fair
price. I will probably sell the mill and keep the lathe. It is a
garage sale type of deal.

The mill is about 6" tall and very heavy. I would like to know how
much it weighs. The lathe is small, about 2' between centers, but has
power feed (so does the mill). Everything seems to work and there is
no excessive wear and no play.

Also, I am not sure how to transport this stuff, the lathe is easy,
but the mill is going to be difficult.