al

"Richard" wrote in message
On the advice of a chef friend I deliberately did not buy a hob with a wok
burner because, he said, they do not have burners that are sufficiently
powerful enough to do a wok justice in the home (and he bought the same
Neff as me).

Well it's true compared to restaurant hobs for sure. However it's
significantly more heat output than my current (and annoyingly flat ... so
quite dangerous with my round-bottomed woks) hob so it can only improve
things. I believe the Baumatic one I've gone for gives 3.3kW on the wok
burner. They do have a 4.5kW model with separate flames for the wok for
finer control and more power, but it's over £100 dearer for just that
feature. Can't buy the best of everything unfortunately ...