Mike

"Roland" wrote in message
"Mike" wrote:

"Roland" wrote in message
.. .
net metering isn't going to happen in the UK because of entrenched
interests.

Could you please explain what you mean by "net metering".

http://www.powergen.co.uk/Pub/Dom/A/...yAndInitiative.

spx?id=9
makes it quite clear you can sell self generated electricity back to your
supplier so I am not sure what it is you say won't happen.

The example you gave is unique in the industry and unfortunately does
not apply to whispergen chp from powergen nor indeed any other
embedded domestic generation in the uk.

That's fair enough. Generators have an obligation to generate green
electricity so anybody selling them green power allows them to meet this but
a microCHP is definitely not green. I would imagine there will be similar
schemes for wind and hydro power in due course.