Jason Quick

Default Mystery Dumpster Wood

So I picked up some pallet pickings over the past few weeks, and was planing
them down in the garage today.

Got some niiice mahogany 12/4 squares (minor gloatage), a bit more mahogany
in 1x2, some oak (mostly red, a little white), a buncha poplar (big surprise
there), and...this other board. Just one board, actually.

It started out with a pumpkin-orange color w/ a very faint green undertone,
which changed to a reddish-pinkish-whitish color after planing. Lots of
wavy grain, and it smells like a freshly cut cucumber or maybe watermelon
rind. With the way it looks, I'd say cherry, probably, but the smell threw
me. Any guesses?

Jason