Doug Miller

In article , unknown user wrote:

Thanks. I'll try that. My multimeter is a digital one, and can't make a
sound. It has 3 areas on the dial: voltage, current and resistance.
I guesss it must display some numbers on the display to indicate the
continuity.

If it is a digital one, I bet it *can* make a beep. :-) Google-search on the
make and model# will probably turn up a downloadable copy of the manual.

Anyway, you want the resistance scale. Continuity is indicated by a resistance
of zero or nearly so; lack of continuity, by a resistance of infinity.

--
Regards,