Duane Bozarth

unknown user wrote:
Thanks. I'll try that. My multimeter is a digital one, and can't make a
sound. It has 3 areas on the dial: voltage, current and resistance.
I guesss it must display some numbers on the display to indicate the
continuity.

Then set it to resistance and touch the leads together it will read 0 or
very small values...leave the leads non-touching and you'll see a
flashing indication or a range error or a very large value...that's
indicative of the open circuit.

Just play with it a little bit and you'll quickly catch on as to whether
you have a short circuit or an open one--and that's what you're looking
for. When you get the short circuit you've identified the conductor
leading to the base or socket...