Noozer

"unknown user" wrote in message
news
I just bought a Canadian Rangehood (Cypress). The manual that comes
with the it doesn't tell anything on how to connect the wires.

Out of 3 wires for connection, 1 green is for neutral. Then there are
two white wires. One white wire has some letter printed on the
insulation (such as 105C 18AWG etc). The other white wire has nothing
printed on it.

The printing doesn't indicate anything but the kind of wire & insulation
used.

Green should be grounded to the electrical box. There should be a black and
white wire coming out of the box. Black being hot and white being neutral.

Is this hood ULA or CSA approved? I can't see how it would be without the
proper colour wiring coming out of the unit.

Were there no installation instructions or a phone # to contact the company?