Murray Peterson

wrote in news:1113764959.510653.30920
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Hi, I'm about to start a big bathroom remodel, and I wanted to see if
anyone here had installed a frameless shower door before, and knows how
the door hinges attach to the framing behind the tile/backer board.

Our shower door is a frameless. You should put in two studs where you
think the door will go -- by the time the shower is built, your
measurements may have shifted enough to drift too far off center from a
single stud.

The hinges are held on with long screws that go through your tile. In our
case, none of the screws lined up with the mortar joints, and we had to
drill 8 holes through porcelain tile -- no fun, but it all worked out fine.