MC

Actually, I have seen at my local tractor supply a wood burning furnace that
you duct into an existing system to suplliment heat in the winter, not a
free standing wood burning heater/stove as is most common.

I was actually thinking of installing one of these units on my house. I live
in a heavy wooded area and own more land (farm) a few miles away. I am
having to beg people to take wood, at least I would have a use for it and
save on the heat bill.

MC

"Bob S." wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Looking to install a wood burning add-on furnace to my electric heat.
Really would like one with the maximum overnight lasting time, so

that
it might still be hot coals in the morning or when I get home after
work, but I find it difficult to find these specs.

Anyone know of reports or such info. Couldn't find them on consumer
reports, though I am not familiar with that place very much.

Thanks for any help,

Dean

Do you really mean "furnace"? A wood heater is more practical, though a
bit messy. I have a Vermont Casting wood heater that will burn a
10"x20" hardwood log for 8-9 hours.

Bob