Michael Daly

On 18-Apr-2005, wrote:

I am a farmer, and a handyman, and have been a handyman for
nearly 30 years. I have jacked up many sagging houses, inclusing
several of my own.

This makes you an expert? There are ways to jack a beam that will
cause the beam to fail that will almost never be expected by someone
like yourself. They teach that stuff to first-year engineering
students to show examples of why some things are not so intuitive.
Your method can turn a "cheap" lift into a $30,000 repair job
real fast.

Just because you've been lucky doesn't mean you know what you're doing.
The pros are there because most folks don't have a clue what they are
doing. Advice on the internet is only worth the money you pay for it.

Mike