Stormin Mormon

Yes, you need a splitter.

If you want a splitter on the cheap, Harbor Freight has really cheap 12 inch
long power extension cords with a triple outlet. Some very skilled surgery,
and some electrical tape and you can isolate the black wire out of the cord.
Plug cord into wall, item into cord, and clamp ammeter around black wire.

The power and neutral wires create opposing magnetic fields which cancell
each other out.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JimL" wrote in message

Last week I finally bought a 'digital clamp multimeter - item 42396'.

I rushed home and clamped it around the power cord of the computer
that I leave on all the time. I wanted to know how many amps it was
drawing or how much money I'm wasting by not shutting it down. It
read zero of course, as I guess you need to hook it around one side of
the line at a time, right?