Harry Everhart

In article gfg8e.12845$%c1.2587@fed1read05, "SJF"
wrote:
What a deal! But I asked the purchasing guy at our local True Value. He'd
never heard of Kill-A-Watt and sure didn't have one in the store. ---
SJF

I got it over the Christmas break in December 2004 - last Christmas - at
the True Value M&S Hardware Store in Tamaqua, PA. I have been using it
ever since - here at our home in FL. Right now I have the computer
plugged into it - and it is drawing .45 amps and 24 watts. It is also
showing 59.9 cps and 119.5 volts. When I hook up my electric chainsaw
to it - it draws 8 amps when it starts and then drops to 6 amps while it
is running.

Here is a place that has it for - $26

http://www.microdaq.com/p3-internati...watt/index.php

I am sorry I can't help you out any better than this.

Funny - my wife was with me when I bought it - and she thought it was
stupid then and stupid now :-) Don't women know how neat it is to
measure the electric you are using? :-)

Harry

Harry