"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
m Ransley wrote:
Right, Kill -a -Watt independantly tested and found very accurate , 9$
is cheap they used to be 50$. Great to use on a frige to compare to new
units to decide if you can get a good payback. or see if it draws to
much on different cycles. Good for checking generator Hz output. Great
to see what Tvs , Vcrs, radios etc all pull at rest and find the power
hogs. Buying one led me to find easy ways to save 20 a month. Now get a
clamp on digital ampmeter that goes to 0.01A a 35$ Greenlee and do your
own energy audit.

OK, I'll bite. Assuming the Greenlee you refer to is a hole punch, how
is it used in the audit? Do you punch holes in boxes so you can pull a
loop of current carrying conductor out to clamp the ammmeter onto? G
(That's "amm", not "amp" BTW.)

Greenlee relabels several meters, and puts their name on them. Just like
most of the Greenlee electrical handtools are Kliens that have green handles
on them instead of blue, or yellow, etc..

Also, some of us prefer CLAMPmeter.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia