Joseph Meehan

"Harry Everhart" wrote in message
I recently bought this neat little meter that you plug into the wall. It
tells you volts - amps - watts - cycles - and how much power and
appliance uses. You plug it into the outlet - and then you plug an
appliance into it. It tells how many amps and watts the appliance is
using. The computer will even tell you how many KWH you used since the
reset.

I am amazed at how much the voltage fluctuates though - right now it is
119.5 volts. But I have seen id down to 112 volts.

That's about normal. Anything between 110 and 120 is certainly normal.
It is not unusual to be well outside those numbers and that can be a
problem. It is also possible that there is a wiring fault in your home, but
if that is the max swing, it is likely just normal supply changes.

The meter is called the "Kill A Watt" P3. Model P4400. I got it for $9
from True Value.

Harry

--
Joseph Meehan