Beeper

You have some good tips on locating the source of your short. I would like
to point out that every electrical circuit should have a "GROUND". In fact,
if it's a detached garage, I don't believe an under ground feed is within
code, unless it supplies a sub panel with a legitimate grounding rod buried
6-8 ft deep? Some other qualified electricians may be able to shed more
light on this.
wrote in message
ups.com...
Problem: I am getting shocks on the aluminum siding of my garage.

Background:
I have a single 12/2 romex wire running from from my house feeding my
garage. In the garage, it goes into a junction box, where the lights
for the garage are connected. The feed into the junction box is only 2
wires, there is no ground. I consulted an electrician (relative) and
he suggested to run a copper wire (6 wire?) from the junction box to a
grounding rod, and sink the rod into the ground. I did this, and am
still getting shocks. I checked where the feed enters the garage,
thinking maybe the wire is nicked, but it is not. Any other
suggestions, before I replace the feed wire (underground)?