Appliance Repair Aid

bargaindealsman wrote:
We have a Kitchenaid refrigerator with an ice maker in the freezer
compartment. Recently the ice maker stopped producing ice and I am
wondering if there is anything I can check to determine the problem.

few weeks ago it did the same thing and suddenly it started working
again for some reason. I am not sure what we did to cause the change,
if anything. Now it's back to not producing again. I would appreciate
any tips you may offer on how to troubleshoot the problem.

TIA

Hi,

Recently the ice maker stopped producing ice

How did it stop? Icemaker sat there dead, icemaker was going through
the motions but not filling with water, icemaker is stuck 1/2 way
through a harvest?

wondering if there is anything I can check to determine the problem.

As others have mentioned, check the fill tube for an ice build up. That
is a common problem.
http://www.applianceaid.com/icemaker.html#water

Freezer temp ok? Freezer temp must get below 15=BAF before the icemaker
will cycle on and run.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/