w_tom

Rudy demonstrated that a $3 retail power strip with some
$0.10 components sold for how much money? A protector, so
grossly undersized, was damaged by the same tiny transient
that could not overwhelm a computer's internal protection.

For that matter, almost $100 for the equivalent protector
from Monster Cable would also provide superior protection?
How many joules on that APC? Price does not say the APC
protected anything. Damage says it protected nothing. Joules
may explain why a tiny transient could damage the overpriced
protector. Rudy provides no facts that say an APC did
anything except what it was suppose to do: fail quickly to
promote protection myths. An undersized protector failed.
Others then assume protector failure (which violates
manufacturer data sheets) is normal. Then recommend that
grossly undersized (ineffective) product. Only proves one can
even sell snake oil to just about anyone.

Rudy wrote:
All I know is that the APC wasnt cheap. Some "surge" protected
bars were around $ 10-15 The APC was closer to $30+ ( cheap
considering the computer system it was protecting cost 3 grand)
but sure worked well and of course, I got its replacement free.
Its now protecting my 46" Hitachi HDTV