G.M. Durrence

Default How do I replace the defrost thermostat in an Amana refrigerator?

I have an Amana top freezer refrigerator, model TJ22KW that has
stopped defrosting. I have done extensive testing and determined that
the defrost thermostat is defective. It heats for about 1 or 2
minutes on each cycle and then cuts off.

My question is how do I remove the evaporator cover to get to the
thermostat? Does the plastic around the doors just snap out? Do I
need any special tools? Do I go in through the bottom of the freezer
or the top of the refrigerator?

Any help will be appreciated.

G.M. Durrence
(to reply remove -nospam from address)