Mary Fisher

"Vera" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:29:49 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

What annoys me is that I can't dictate what will happen to my corpse, it
becomes the property of my next of kin and they can do what they like with
it. That's a disgrace.

How incredibly selfish.

Once you are dead you won't care.

No, but surely it's better to go through life and death confident that if,
say, you have a horror of being buried you're family won't do it?

Funerals are for the living -
whatever makes the living feel a little better is a Good Thing.

You think funerals make people feel better?

When I'm gone they can do whatever makes *them* happy. People who want
to dictate what happens to them after they are dead sound like
ultimate control freaks to me.

It's just the same as dictating what you want to happen to your possessions
(as in a will). Do you think that's incredibly selfish?

Mary