Mike

"Alan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I think the turbine referred to is this one touted by one time Energy
Minister Brian Wilson -

http://www.windsave.com/

There is no information on how it deals with islanding (preventing it
from energising the grid when the grid is down) or how you would go
about getting a rebate from your electricity supplier.

Just in case anyone reading this is thinking of buying one - do some
research first. My personal opinion is that this looks well dodgy. For
instance, it is rated at 1KW at 12m/s - i.e. 27mph - not a wind speed
commonly found in urban areas.

Go and stand on your roof (or ask any roofer) and you might be surprised.
Perhaps not 27mph but certainly regularly 20mph.