John

Default Best tool to trim top of pine cabinet?

I've got to trim a quarter inch off of the top of a pine cabinet to make
room for a new refrigirator. The cabinet sits above the refrigorator. I've
got the cabinet section off, and before I have at it with my circular saw, I
thought I'd like to hear suggestions on how to make the cleanest cut. I'm
looking for a very straight line, with no chips on the edge of the cut. Just
to make it difficult, I can't find an exact match for the original stain so
it will be difficult to hide any cutting chips or splinters.

I was thinking of using my circular saw with a new blade (what to get?) and
clamp a long level to use as a fence, then pray!

Any suggestions woule be most welcome.

-john