Dave Hinz

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 19:23:05 -0400, Boris Mohar wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 16:10:55 -0700, "TT" wrote:

These "coin rings" were a very popular past time of some navy sailors. You
beat the edge of the coin repeatedly with the back of a heavy metal spoon
and eventually it mushrooms out.

You can also do this
http://205.243.100.155/frames/shrinkergallery.html

I think I met that guy at the Tesla museum in Colorado Springs about
10 or 15 years back. He was trying to sell some sort of shrinking
machine, and going on about how he had changed the nature of matter.
I explained that until I did a volume/weight/density check, I wasn't
going to believe him. He went away.

Cool effect though, and 7000 joules isn't really all that much energy.