WhyKnot

approx 30 year old furnace, no AC now (which is what we want)

OK, I'm convinced, after hearing all the guys who have given us quotes bad
mouth each others' brand names they're selling that I shouldn't worry so
much about the Rheem vs. Carrier issue.
So now I'm torn between the idea of an 80% variable speed and a plain old
80% or 90% standard furnace, which will save a bundle of money. We have a
40+ yr old house, old ducts to match and additions to the place and this
will be the first time we've had AC in here. The standard old furnace seems
like it would be just fine, but not sure with AC that is true.

Maybe I'll just move and settle the dilemma

"stretch" wrote in message
oups.com...
WhyKnot

I agree with udarrell .

BTW, why were you told you need new furnace and A/C & who told you
that?

Someone who is on commission? How old is your old stuff & what brand?
Maybe the equipment is not the problem.

Please let us know what you finally decide to do. Good Luck.

Stretch