Fergal

"Rick" wrote in message

I have just seen some 25mm quitled roof insulation, that says it
acheives 0.2 U value, its about the same price as 100mm kingspan,
which is also about the same U value.

Does it work ?

Its goona be much easier "materials handeling" than kingspan, and
thinner.

Neither product I have seen claims a BBA certificate. I am not sure a
BBA certificate means much, I have had products with certificates
fails, and the BBA arn't intereted ...

Rick

I used something which sounds similar to this on my loft room. It's called
Tri Iso Super 9 made by a French company called Actis.

The previous owners had boarded under the rafters and partially insulated
with polystyrene, but it was freezing in the winter. I didn't fancy ripping
it all out and installing celotex between the rafters, or installing celotex
under the rafters as that would have lost too much height. Then I found out
about the Tri Iso Super 9. I just stapled it to the existing plasterboard,
put battens on top, then more plasterboard. I've only lost about 3 inches of
height and the room is significantly warmer than before. To be fair, the
extra warmth is probably also due to better draught proofing and
repositioning the radiator.

Fergal