Fred

"Rod" wrote in message
Jim Ingram wrote:

On the subject of crimps

1) What's the correct way to join 3 conductors (e.g. to create a spur
from a ring main) - one size up butt conector? piggy back spade
connector ? ring terminal and bolt?

2) how do you finsh the job off? Heat srink? Place in an enclosure of
some sort? wrap in insulation tape? Presumably where the outer cable
sheath has been removed the wires need to be protected by something?

Jim

And, a piece of 2.5 T&E has two different thickness wires - the L&N and
earth. Do you use the same size crimp on all three? Or drop a size for
the earth? And if you drop a size, what do you do when crimping 1.5mm
(and there isn't a next size down readily available)?

Rod

It's a shame these haven't been answered. My experience of screw terminal
isn't that good in that copper appears to creep and things can get hot as a
result of the loosening. I am aware of crimp connectors for automotive use
yet a quick glance at the likes of Screwfix haven't come up with any
suitable crimps for fixed installations. Can someone point me in the right
direction for crimp connectors and possible housings?