Steve Smith

A wrecker is what I hired to get a 6' tall air hammer out of my pickup.
He had a hydraulically extending boom with plenty of reach.

Steve

Ignoramus25521 wrote:

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 23:55:56 GMT, Richard Ferguson wrote:

If by any chance the machine has a lifting eye, and you are not going
far, a good solution is an auto wrecker, just haul it on the hook. This
is especially attractive for top heavy machines, which might tip with
many of the alternatives.

Yes, it is a top heavy mill. I will give it a though, although I am
afraid that those wreckers cannot raise their hook high enough.

Richard

Ignoramus25521 wrote:

A guy is offering his Clausing mdl 008530 s/n 009852 mill, and a
clausing lathe for sale for $850. I am wondering if it is a fair
price. I will probably sell the mill and keep the lathe. It is a
garage sale type of deal.

The mill is about 6" tall and very heavy. I would like to know how
much it weighs. The lathe is small, about 2' between centers, but has
power feed (so does the mill). Everything seems to work and there is
no excessive wear and no play.

Also, I am not sure how to transport this stuff, the lathe is easy,
but the mill is going to be difficult.