George E. Cawthon

TURTLE wrote:
"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

Yes, They were very popular years back but called Ford Philco but later on
just
known as Philco. Ford Auto owned Philco and just put their name on it.

Philco was around independent far before being bought them...

Philco was the manufacturer of a line of high-end scientific-use
(primarily) computers in the early mainframe days along w/ their many
end-user products...

This is Turtle.

I was only speaking of the Ford Philco when they were making refrigerators. Your
speaking total history which I don't really know about.

TURTLE

Don't need to be too cautious Turtle. I don't
know, and don't care, if Philco was first
independent or first owned by Ford. And maybe the
Philco that made scientific instruments isn't even
related to the Philco that Ford owned. They might
have just bought the name.

Ford-Philco was the common name used for radios in
Fords and those car radios said Philco on them way
back when. Heck, in my garage I've got a lousy am
radio sitting on a shelf in my garage; took it out
of my 1973 F250. It says Philco. I imagine that
Ford either no longer owns Philco or sold the name
because some Ford radios just say Ford and some
have no brand on them.