Edwin Pawlowski

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

A very brief overview which doesn't talk of the diversification beyond
the initial batteries, etc., into much more than radios, etc.

http://www.philcoradio.com/history.htm

Took a little longer, but here's a link to some promotional pictures of
the Philco 2000...similar to first machine I worked on out of school.
The particular one had 27(!) 7-track tape drives (this was before
even drum storage, what more disks...)

http://www.luminquest.com/HOC/PhilcoTransact.htm

I found in brief looking very little of the rest of Philco's product
lines in their heyday...

Philco was into all the major appliances. They also made radios for use in
Ford cars. IIRC, they were bought by Ford in the late 60's or early 70's.
The name is still being used. I've seen Philco TVs in K Mart and I've seen
Philco air conditioners made by Frigidaire in their Edison NJ plant (now
also closed)