Duane Bozarth

TURTLE wrote:

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Yes, They were very popular years back but called Ford Philco but later on
just
known as Philco. Ford Auto owned Philco and just put their name on it.

Philco was around independent far before being bought them...

Philco was the manufacturer of a line of high-end scientific-use
(primarily) computers in the early mainframe days along w/ their many
end-user products...

This is Turtle.

I was only speaking of the Ford Philco when they were making refrigerators. Your
speaking total history which I don't really know about.

Your post sorta' turned the history around...you said "Ford Philco but
later on just
known as Philco.". I'm pointing out it was the other-way
'round...Philco was around for a long time before being purchased by
Ford, so the name of Philco was common name long before there was a
"Philco Ford" branding...I was just trying to give you some historical
context.

Philco was sorta' like a smaller GE in those days....not quite as
diverse, but a major player in many areas.