George E. Cawthon

TURTLE wrote:

This is Turtle.

The reason I say this is I worked for Exxon Co. U.S.A. in the off shore
production operations and the engineers would use this to make money off anybody
who was mouthing off about the production operation. They would bait them up and
bet them about the 6% water and loose when you really went and checked up how
much water is suppended in gas. It is not in the form of water but all the basic
item are there if you check up and see. Water is H2O and there is 6 % H & O in
the gas and in the right perportions. The % may very as to the Octane rating but
still around 6 % .

TURTLE

And you guys bought this? "There is 6 percent
water, but it is not in the form of water but all
the basic item are there." If it is not in the
form of water, it isn't water, that's basic
chemistry. Gasoline can have up to 500 different
compounds in it; most of those compounds are
composed of just H and C but some, but a very low
proportion of those compounds, depending on the
petroleum source, also have O, N, S or metals in
their make up. I have no idea what the
engineers were telling you guys but if your
understanding is what they were saying, they must
have been laughing their asses off.