Neil Jones

Default B&Q Kitchens

wrote in message
Neil Jones wrote:

I have an AEG integrated dishwasher and it specifies a maximum of

10kg
for the door panel. It's incredibly quiet so I can barely tell

whether
it's on, even when standing next to it, but do I really need to

know?

Er, yes, for a couple of reasons:-
You want to know if it's finished the wash, on an integrated
dishwasher you can't tell.

Someone else needs to know if they can put some dishes into the
dishwasher, how do they tell what stage it's at?

Well, these are reasons *you* want to know whether it's on or not - not
reasons that *I* want to know :-)

If I put my dishwasher on in late in the evening (usually the case) it
will have finished by the next morning when I will unload it and start
to refill. If I put it on in the early evening it makes a noise to tell
me when it's finished.

If someone else has put the machine on and I don't notice and so I try
to open it, the lock needs extra force to open compared with when the
machine is off or finished. If I just yank it open anyway (and a couple
of visitors have done this) they will realise their mistake and close it
up again. They didn't get soaking wet, the dishes still came out clean.

If you really *need* to know what stage it has got to you might need to
hack into the circuitry to power a couple of neons for an outboard
display, or maybe you could add a simple 'meter' to the dishwasher's
supply to indicate when the machine is drawing power.

Neil