bob smith

Something like this: http://www.zinsser.com/product_detail.asp?ProductID=77
claims to stop efflorescence.

I believe there are serious implications to consider when disturbing the
earth (to waterproof the exterior) down to the bottom of the foundation when
its under a driveway. I dont want my driveway sinking 5 years from now.

If I use a vapor retarder (like a spray foam) rather than a vapor barrier,
it seems to me the small amount of moisture coming through the wall should
be able to dry to the interior. But I guess thats the heart of my question.

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Efloresence is water pushing through. The only way to monitor it is with
a moisture meter. Seal in moisture leaking in and mold will grow. There
is no efloresence stopping product that I know of. Stop the water from
the outside.