JK

Well, I assumed I needed a transformer, but when I asked the guys at HD, he
said I didn't.
"Robert Barr" wrote in message
From here, it looks like you're unsure of the voltage your lights use.
Either you need a transformer or you don't. This would be a good time to
put on the brakes.

If they're 110v (and you're sure of this), I'd add a plug to the end of
the run. Construct a legit receptacle from your switched 110v (#14)
source and plug the undercabinet lights into this.

JK wrote:
Any issues with wiring lamp wire to 14/2 wire? I am going to wire some
undercabinet lights to a switch. I was going to use a transformer, but
the HD guy said no need to. Just run the lamp wire from the lights into a
junction box, and connect it to the wire (14/2, since it will be going
through my attic) coming from the switch. Is that okay?