Mike Henry

What part of northern Illinois are you in? I know of a good rigger in the
Tri-cities area (a little north of Aurora) that moved a Clausing 5914 lathe
for me at a pretty reasonable price. Reply here or in email if you want
contact info. The move ran me $200 for a 1,000-lb lathe and a 13-mile one
way trip. I was willing to wait until they had a load coming my way, which
kept the price down.

BTW, $850 is a steal for either machine, let alone both, assuming that they
are in reasonable condition. The 8530s are much harder to find than the
8520. The 8530 probably weighs around 700 lbs but can be disassembled into
3 or 4 pieces that are fairly easy to move with a van.

Which model of lathe is it? A van is probably out of the question for the
lathe but a pick up truck might be able to handle it..

Clausing still sells manuals and spare parts in case you need either.

Mike

"Ignoramus25521" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 17:34:35 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:
Ignoramus25521 wrote:
... how to transport this stuff, the lathe is easy,
but the mill is going to be difficult.

Get a rigger to do it. By the time you rent a truck or trailer and
maybe some lifting equipment, screw around trying to figure it out, risk
damaging the mill and/or your body, and spend most of a day, it just
isn't worth it. Especially with the deal you're getting. Just pay for
someone to do it. And you'll get the lathe moved along with it for
practically nothing extra.

Bob, how much would they cost? Do they go in yellow pages as
"riggers" or "rigging services"? I will make some calls tomorrow.