Default B&Q Kitchens

Christian McArdle wrote:
Whether you do one or other depends on more than whether the item is
built-in or not.

Obviously there are always counter examples, particularly in the higher end
makes. However, the majority of fully integrated dishwashers have electronic
controls, whilst the majority of semi integrated and free standing models
have motorised switches.

But the integrated controls however they are implemented can never
overcome the major disadvantage of lack of display. Having bought an
integrated dishwasher for our current kitchen I certainly won't do so
again. It can't tell you whether you (or someone else) has turned it
on properly, it can't tell you if it's going to run in some hours
time, it can't tell you that it's finished. In a household with
several people who have independent timetables an integrated
dishwasher is a real nuisance for these reasons.

It's also difficult for someone who isn't familiar with it to use it as
an extra button has to be pressed just before closing it to (finally)
say "do what I've set up on the switches". This is basically
necessary to cope with the case where someone opens the dishwasher
while it's running (or in the delay period before running) to allow
then to hit a button which means "carry on what you were set up to do"
before closing it again. Anyone who doesn't know about this will
simply wait forever with the dishwasher doing nothing - it's happened
several times in our household.

--
Chris Green