Ed Huntress

"Willcox" wrote in message
ess.com...
Ed Huntress wrote:

"Willcox" wrote in message
The press lied about what the 9-11 commission said:

http://server2.cybertarp.com/~peryno...-ties.lies.jpg

Your reference clips the 9-11 Commission report at an interesting and
probably (for them) a convenient place. Here's what they left out, after
their last sentence, "According to the reporting, Iraqi officials

offered
Bin Ladin a safe haven in Iraq..."

"Bin Ladin declined, apparently judging that his circumstances in
Afghanistan remained more favorable than the Iraqi alternative. The

reports
describe friendly contacts and indicate some common themes in both

sides'
hatred of the United States. But to date we have seen no evidence that

these
or the earlier contacts ever developed into a collaborative operational
relationship. Nor have we seen evidence indicating that Iraq cooperated

with
al Qaeda in developing or carrying out any attacks against the United
States. [76]"

That's from the Commission Report. It's exactly the way _The New York

Times_
reported it, and other print media reported much the same thing.

--
Ed Huntress

The mainstream media reporded that the 9-11 commission said there were
no ties between Iraq and al Qaeda.

Just read the report above, and see how you would report it. Based on the
actual words of the Commission report, I'd say there was some talk and some
wishful thinking, but no "ties."

Which is exactly what they said. No evidence of any cooperative action
between them.

--
Ed Huntress