The Watcher

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 06:48:33 -0400, Cliff wrote:

(snip)
So, Cliffie, why are there 2 different versions of this lie in this thread? Was
one version not enough? Need more weasel room?

Are you drooling on your keyboard again?
Remember what happened last time .....

My memory is good enough to remember that you TRIED to dodge my question. You
failed. What's the matter, Cliffie? Cat got your tongue? Don't like being caught
changing your lies? That's too bad. The proof is right there, for everybody to
see, and it get's repeated every time you try to weasel again.

Read YOUR own lies up there again, Cliffie, if you can. Does you edition of the
Bill Clinton Dictionary define "no WMD's" as "some WMDs"?

What does ~1992 have to do with anything?

Do you have a more current edition? Are you going with the Hillary Clinton
Dictionary of DoubleSpeak?

I guess your memory of events is rather poor.
Symptom of Winger's Disease, usually.

Better get tested ASAP.

My memory's fine. You need more oil. You're not slippery enough, though.

Found those WMD's or just too ashamed to be so known as
being so gullible?

Are you going to redefine WMD's yet again? How many redefinitions does this
make? Are you going to redefine the phrase every time something else happens?
Must be darned inconvenient for you lieberals, eh?

Visions of sugar plums too?

Nope. Clarity of vision allows me to spot changes in lies. Don't like that, eh?
Too bad.

BTW, a person who isn't fit to shine a soldier's boots shouldn't try to speak
for them. Poor form.

Or are you just claiming that you are STUPID?

Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional.

Too late for you to try that option, eh?

Poor little masochistic Cliffie. Can't get good attention, so he'll settle for
getting his ass kicked around Usenet. Hey, any attention is better than being
ignored, eh?

You seem confused .... wingers been at you again?

Yep, Cliffie's confused, babbling still.

I think that they took his money ....

I think you're sorry you tried to change your lie in mid-stream. Nah, you're
just sorry you got caught, just like your hero, Bill Clinton.
The Watcher

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 05:32:09 -0400, Cliff wrote:

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 03:55:07 GMT, (The Watcher)
wrote:

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:38:14 -0400, Cliff wrote:

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 17:55:20 GMT, (The Watcher)
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:32:07 -0400, Cliff wrote:

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:47:14 -0400, "John" wrote:

http://mindprod.com/iraq.html#FALLUJAPIX

Go USA

[
The American soldier knows full well there were no WMDs.

A lie, endlessly repeated, often becomes indistinguishable from the
truth(especially among STUPID people).

So they found all those tons of WMDs did they?

Notice the lie changed in mid-stream there?

The one about all of thse WMDs?
Not my lie.
Try again if you are so confused.

Which lie you gonna go with? Can you choose wisely? You haven't so far.

When caught in a lie, it's always
good to TRY to change it and hope nobody notices.

Found those WMDs did you?

Which WMDs? WMDs or TONS of WMDs? Make up your mind, Cliffie.

Where?

Iraq, remember. Try to focus, Cliffie.
(snip Cliffie's tail-chasing)
jim rozen

In article .com, Halcitron
says...

Etymology: Middle French patriote compatriot, from Late Latin patriota,
from Greek patriOtEs, from patria lineage, from patr-, patEr father
: one who loves his or her country and supports its authority and
interests

Love for one's country is one thing. Blind adherence to
governmental authority is quite different.

Jim

please reply to:
Gunner

On 17 Apr 2005 04:28:52 GMT, (Frank White)
wrote:

In article szf8e.24422$gs4.19743@okepread05, says...

I believe if we had no tried so hard to appease the UN and the rest of the
world, and went in Iraq on a timely manner, you would be eating your words.
All of our negotiations with the UN, Russia, France, etc just gave them time
to move them to Syria or wherever.

I don't understand where this 'Saddam sent his WMDs to Syria'
idea comes from.

The guy running Syria and Saddam DID NOT like each. With a
capital 'hate'. Stalin would have been more likely to send
all of the Soviet Union's nukes to Mao in Communist China
AFTER he broke with Russian Communist dogma and went off on
his own, than Saddam would have been to give HIS goodies to
the Syrians. I suspect the trucks and convoys that went
roaring into Syria contained money, files, and men instead
of WMDs, and that SAddam was sending them to ships waiting
in Syrian harbors to be taken safely out of the area; the
money to go into his accounts overseas, and the men and
material to set up for a guerilla war so they could come
back after the invasion and kick American boo-thay...

FW

Oddly enough..its possible that they did go on ships. Anyone recall
the 3 ships that left harbor in Iraq and sailed around aimlessly for
over 2 months?

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas
Dan

"The Watcher" wrote

No, all they have is the claims by Saddam Hussein's people that they

buried
them.

Actually, all YOU have is the Administation's CLAIM that there are people
who claim they existed. Most of those same people ran for office in the
election
(go figure)...

If they didn't bury them, they must still have them stockpiled somewhere.

Only if they actually existed, for which there is no [public] evidence. so,
beliving in their existence is what?

Imagine what that would do for all you lieberal apologist tail-chasers

spinning
around trying to cover for his lies all these years. :/

Wouldn't do nothing. Belief that lack of evidence is proof is pretty
foolish, don't
you think. Believing that an Administration that promised a reason for war
actually produce that reason, if it existed, is not so foolish. So, which
of us
would be "lying" were they proven to be mistaken...

I guess somebody wasn't paying attention too well. Don't remember UN

inspectors
being repeatedly denied access and thrown out of Iraq, eh? Some more of

that
selective memory, I suppose.

Yeah, selective on your part. The inspectors weren't "thrown out" of Iraq,
they
were asked to leave by the U.S. (U.N.?) at the start of an air interdiction
campaign
for their own safety. The inspectors that were reporting the LACK of
programs
or materials just before the war were removed by OUR SIDE because their
evidence was embarrassing to a Administration already set on war.

Do try and get out more.

As I've said before, though, I can't blame George II for making
that charge, because Saddam was doing everything possible to
convince the world he DID have WMDs in huge quantities.

And, let's look at reality:

+ Korea was thought to have nukes, it still hasn't been invaded.
+ The Administration KNEW Iraq had no nukes (or other WOTs), and they were
invaded.

As a leader responsible for the safety of his people, would you make it look
like
you had no means of defending yourself to an enemy at your gate, or would
you
leave the invading enemy in doubt, with the attendant inefficiencies
planning for
(or at least showing the audience you were "planning for," for political
reasons)
defense against WOTs or nukes?

No, that's why we have these Incredible Morphing Lies, eh?

Incredible Morphing Lies. Is that a new rock group, or just your feeble
imagination fueled by politicians knowing how dumb you really are.

Please state some of these "Incredible Morphing Lies." I can. There were
several distinct Incredible Morphing Lies given to the American public (like
you) by our Foolish Leader, until they found the one that would resonate
with the ignorant masses allowing the invasion of Iraq

No WMD's, uhhh, NO TONS of WMD's, what's it gonna be next? No
POUNDS of WMD's?

Huh? What was found that the public doesn't know about (but to which you,
evidently, are privy)? A couple of experimental binary shells that date
back
to when the U. S. was providing the technology and satellite targeting for
gassing the irascible Iranians? A couple of years ago, an entire TRAIN
load of munitions, dating to WWII was dug up where it was buried
because it was too much trouble to reload or even track the material. The
train had derailed, and rather than reallocate scarce resources, the
materials
were bulldozed over and forgotten for decades, until someone happened to
dig in the right spot.

So, other than programs we KNEW about, any other cases of actual
dangerous stuff in Iraq, other than a couple of weather-balloon-filling
trucks
been found?

Talk about Morphing Lies...

Dan

--
"White people in this country will have quite enough to do in learning how
to accept and love themselves and each other, and when they have achieved

- James Baldwin -
"The Fire Next Time"

Gunner

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:11:56 -0400, "Proto" wrote:

Grady wrote:
I think it would best serve your argument of "mass murder" if you
could post some support factual truth. This does not mean some drivel
from some left wing web site either. I will be the first to admit
that the mistakes of a few have caused some shame for the US, but I
don't see anything that remotely resembles "mass murder".

It is actually very simple. For a nation of the size of the US to consider
bombing a country with over 50% children and to continue an admitted mistake
merely because of the rational that it somehow would be a mistake to back
down now proves it is murder. This is an issue or morality. A war waged and
continued under admitted falsities is a crime. Plain and simple.
The very best that can be said is that in spite of all the mistakes that
were made is that we must continue?
Sure sounds like an Adolph moment to me.

Proto

Are you claiming that the military targets such as command and control
head quarters, ammo dumps, Republican Guard barracks and so forth,
were filled with 50% children?

Doesnt speak well for Saddam does it?

Gunner

wrote in message
oups.com...
D Murphy wrote:
wrote in news:1113623252.731623.100140
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

You demonstrate a pathetic ignorance of simple grammar and
spelling,
yet you expect to be taken seriously in matters of great importance
requiring some abstract thinking?

Sorry knucklehead, it doesn't work that way.

There was a fellow, some time ago, who didn't do particularly well
in

school. He had a hard time communicating clearly, and his teachers
thought he was a bit of a dullard. Still he managed to get into
university, and the professors there felt much the same way. This
fellow
was odd, couldn't express himself well and asked a lot of stupid
questions. They thought he was incapable of the abstract thinking
required in his chosen field of study, because he asked lots of
questions his professors didn't have the answers to or didn't
understand. Upon graduation his professors refused to write letters
of recommendation
for
him, and he ended up taking a job as a clerk. In his spare time he
kept
at his studies, trying to finish his doctorate. Then in one
remarkable
year he published five papers that turned virtually every aspect of
science on its head and forever changed humankinds understanding of
the
world, the universe, chemistry, and physics. One of those papers
finally
earned him his doctorate. Another won him the Nobel prize. That
would
be
several lifetimes' worth of achievement for most people. Yet he
followed
these papers up some 11 years later with another that has been
called

"the greatest feat of human thinking about nature ever." We were
very

fortunate in the United States that he decided to leave his native
country and come here. You see his native country had become full of
intolerant elitists who were much like yourself.

First, the "intolerant elitists" you apparently refer to were clearly
not opposed to war, even unjust war, on moral principles. So your
"analogy" is not just seriously flawed, but upside down, just like
your brain, apparently.

Moreover, if Einstein were alive today and stated his antiwar opinion
on this newsgroup, small minded people like you and Grady and the
others would oppose and denigrate him, just like what's done to me.
Don't fool yourself, goofball.

Second, when it comes to mass murder and the self-destruction of the
U.S., I'd have to agree with you in the sense that I'm pretty
intolerant of foolish, immoral people like Grady and you, just as
Einstein would have been.

These elitists
dehumanized people in much the same way you do by calling Grady
"Trailer
Trash" or "Knucklehead".

Sorry, but "people" who rationalize and support mass murder, the way
Grady and you and others here do (just like the Nazis), have already
dehumanized themselves.

Once you remove someone's humanity, you can
degrade them, torture them, and even kill them without your
conscience
bothering you. Just as every failing ideology has done throughout
human
history.

Would you and Grady rather spend some time in one of Bush's torture
camps, or maybe breathing in some depleted uranium nanoparticles, or
getting bombed, or watching your family slaughtered in real time,
i.e., basically receiving the treatment that you support for others,
or sitting in front of a computer and be offended by people like me
(by being told what you are)?

So rather than debate any issues,

Most "people" on misc.survivalism don't debate issues. They really
can't (as even they themselves apparently realize) as it's clear that
there's no logical defense for the U.S. government's heinous crimes.
So they recite meaningless platitudes and slogans and trade personal
insults. That's not necessarily my idea of how it should be, but
that's how it is. Sorry if that offends your gentle, mass murderer's
sensibilities.

which might expose weakness in your
beliefs or flaws in your thinking, you dehumanize him by calling him
names and accuse him of being too stupid to understand your lofty
thinking. To tell you the truth, Grady looks like Einstein when
compared
to you.

And you look like a pathetic fool, Dan.

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas
Dan

"The Watcher" wrote

Are you going to redefine WMD's yet again?

Well, WMDs USED to mean Weapons of Mass Destruction, i.e., nukes.
When this was pointe dout to Shrub, he quickly tried to rename the WOTs
(Weapons of Terrorism), but that name just didn't resonate, so WMDs was
revived as a redefinition for the Administration's convenience of the road
hoaxing the people into war.

Shall we talk about redefining terms in generals? HINT: you will lose
THAT battle, too, after crawing into your cave of deceptive lies the
Administration approves of.

Do try to actually keep up. We cannot expect the likes of you to
actually THINK, but you could at least argue from strength...

How many redefinitions does this make?

A coupel, and all by the Administration. US: 100, YOU: 0.

Are you going to redefine the phrase every time something else happens?

What happened? Are you discounting the weapons making machinery
being sold at the Bazaar in Baghdad, taken (apparently) fromthe weapons
cache that didn't exist and wasn't left open to looting by the
Administration?

Must be darned inconvenient for you lieberals, eh?

Truth is uncomfortable to liars. Take two aspirin and you may feel
better.

Dan

--
"White people in this country will have quite enough to do in learning how
to accept and love themselves and each other, and when they have achieved
this - which will not be tomorrow and may very well be never - the Negro
problem will no longer exist, for it will no longer be needed."

- James Baldwin -
"The Fire Next Time"

Dan

"White people in this country will have quite enough to do in learning how
to accept and love themselves and each other, and when they have achieved
this - which will not be tomorrow and may very well be never - the Negro
problem will no longer exist, for it will no longer be needed."

- James Baldwin -
"The Fire Next Time"

wrote in message
oups.com...
BottleBob wrote:
wrote:

You claim that the war
in IRAQ is "illegal", could you list the specific law that's binding
on the U.S. that you believe is being broken?

The U.S. is a party to various treaties which clearly prohibit
aggressive war, treaties like the UN Charter.

Not too many people read the Constitution any more.

Dan

Gunner

On 16 Apr 2005 00:01:02 -0700, wrote:

Gunner wrote:
On 15 Apr 2005 17:08:54 -0700,
wrote:

During my few days as a law enforcement officer,

A "few days" only? I'm not surprised. Based on statements you've

made
in this forum, it's clear you're morally incompetent, that you have

no
respect for what reasonable people would know as "law", and that

you're
completely lacking in critical thinking skills; put simply, you're
hardly suitable for any kind of "law enforcement" work.

Chuckle..the 3 yrs I spent on the street taught me that law
enforcement was not my cup of tea. I found myself enforcing law that
I disagreed with, and my moral compass unfortunately was much

stronger
than the corrupt officers I worked with.

ROTFL! Yet you apparently support a war that is illegal and immoral.
And in light of this, it's more likely that your "moral compass" is not
"stronger", than theirs, idiot, but rather points in the wrong
direction.

When you can provide something besides your opinion on the illegality
and immorality of the war, then we can talk. No leftwing blogs, or
sound bites from Liberals thankyouveddyveddymuch.

When people like you were
making their "appeals to authority" and the "authority" they were
using as some moral authority was every bit as criminal as the
criminals they were sworn to deal with

Ok then, how about giving some specific examples of your superior moral
sensibilities in action in these situations?

Such as? Not shaking down illegal immigrants for their sock money?
And dropping a dime on those that did?

Friends of yours by any chance? A number also provided hookers to
farm labor camps. One of them shopping out your mom and sister by any
chance?

..shrug..I left the force and
went into other lines of work..work that didnt leave me feeling dirty
at the end of the shift.

Wow, I'm awed! Apparently you're a legend in your own mind!

Actually, you are butt ignorant. But if you feel awed..all the power
too you. I bet you twisted inside out the first time you saw rubber
cement too.

I'd be interested to know exactly what kind of things could occur that
would leave a statist Bush supporter like you, "feeling dirty at the
end of the shift"? What, did you accidently help an old lady cross the
street or something?

How did you get that grievious head injury?

But hey...those are the folks you wish to hold on high.

I guess it's just like you to studiously avoid posting anything of
substance...you'd rather create a strawman to attack, out of the
mountain of ambiguous bull**** you've spewed.

Anyone see the irony in that sentence?

ROFLMAO!

Good on ya
Mate.

Oh shutup, goofball.

Oh oh...running out of argument already? Lightweight.

Im sure you would have made a fine Party official in 1942
Germany. Or even a better Political Commisar in 1942 Russia.

Let's see, I'm the one that has taken a public position against an
immoral and illegal war, its architects and their perverse ideology,
and you've apparently taken an opposite position, yet I'm the Nazi?

Are you? No idea. But you are so well idocrinated in the Party
newspeak, that its obvious you would have fit right in, at the least
as I state, in the USSR. Tovarish.

You really need to pull your head out of your ass and get some air,
moron.

Yup...running out of arguments.. Pity that you are so shallow.

Maybe you could clean bathrooms at McDonalds, instead.

And cost you your job?

How would that cost me my job?

They need two toilet cleaners?

That would be too cruel even for me.

Being that you apparently see nothing wrong with mass murder, for
example, I doubt there's much you'd find "too cruel".

When you point out some mass murder that Ive approved of, we shall
discuss it.

I often dealt with
the insane, deranged and outright goofy.

Admittedly the one area where you may be uniquely qualified...I'm

sure
you can at least relate to others of your ilk.

Other ex cops?

Oh, are there lots of other loons like you in "law enforcement"? That's
kind of scary.

Chuckle...seems your icons may be flawed huh?
Oh, I do. And we can all recognize nutbars like
yourself.

I guess a fruitcake like you would tend to think that rational people
like me are abnormal.

I guess an abnormal like yourself would tend to think that Im a
fruitcake. Shrug..typical.

Your plain language
statements were no different in substance as theirs.

Coming from a mentally and morally defective imbecile like you (your
faulty grammar notwithstanding), I'll take that as a compliment,
thanks.

LOL...the deranged such as your self exhibit the same arrogant in
their self centeredness.

Sorry, but I'm not sure I understand your nonsensical idiotspeak.
Please try harder to construct a coherent sentence.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suite, is it?
That Super Ego issue of yours is textbook.

LOL! look who's talkin', the self-proclaimed legend-in-his-own-mind!

Since you are the only person bringing up Legends....it would appear
you have some Transference issues huh?

Seek out a mental health professional as soon as possible for
treatment.

Well, I'm glad you at least acknowledge you need help; and I'd be
willing to help you as much as I can, but wouldn't it be better if you
make your own appointment? I don't even know where you live.

Good. That means my neighborhood still retainss some value. If you
were around...fire sale time.
Remember, its for the children.

Are there children that live near you who may be endangered by your
psychopathic and dangerous anti-social behavior?

Odd that the State of California and the FBI give me a clean bill of
health every 2 years. Can you say the same?

Snicker

Gunner

"The Democratic Party is the party of this popular corruption.
The heart of the Democratic Party and its activist core is
made up of government unions, government dependent professions
(teachers, social workers, civil servants); special interest and
special benefits groups (abortion rights, is a good example) that
feed off the government trough; and ethnic constituencies,
African Americans being the most prominent, who are
disproportionately invested in government jobs and
in programs that government provides.

" The Democratic Party credo is 'Take as much of the people's money as
politically feasible, and use that money to buy as many of the
people's votes as possible'.
Tax cuts are a threat to this Democratic agenda.
Consequently, Democrats loathe and despise them."
-Semi-reformed Leftist David Horowitz
Dan

"The Watcher" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:38:14 -0400, Cliff wrote:

So they found all those tons of WKMDs did they?

Notice the lie changed in mid-stream there? When caught in a lie, it's

always
good to TRY to change it and hope nobody notices.

Can you please point out the lie.

The ADMINISTRATION claimed there were tons of WMDs (redefined to
include chemical and biological weapons). Where are those tons of WMDs?

Dan

--
"White people in this country will have quite enough to do in learning how
to accept and love themselves and each other, and when they have achieved
this - which will not be tomorrow and may very well be never - the Negro
problem will no longer exist, for it will no longer be needed."

- James Baldwin -
"The Fire Next Time"

Dan

wrote:

http://mindprod.com/iraq.html#FALLUJAPIX

Go USA

[
The American soldier knows full well there were no WMDs.

A lie, endlessly repeated, often becomes indistinguishable from the
truth(especially among STUPID people).

So they found all those tons of WMDs did they?

Notice the lie changed in mid-stream there?

The one about all of thse WMDs?
Not my lie.
Try again if you are so confused.

Which lie you gonna go with? Can you choose wisely? You haven't so far.

When caught in a lie, it's always
good to TRY to change it and hope nobody notices.

Found those WMDs did you?

Which WMDs? WMDs or TONS of WMDs? Make up your mind, Cliffie.

Where?

Iraq, remember. Try to focus, Cliffie.
(snip Cliffie's tail-chasing)

And The Watcher spirals ever downward into the cesspool of his own steaming
desires.

This guy is really a fruitcase.

Dan

--
"White people in this country will have quite enough to do in learning how
to accept and love themselves and each other, and when they have achieved
this - which will not be tomorrow and may very well be never - the Negro
problem will no longer exist, for it will no longer be needed."

- James Baldwin -
"The Fire Next Time"

Gunner

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 00:16:15 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

The press lied about what the 9-11 commission said:

http://server2.cybertarp.com/~peryno...-ties.lies.jpg

Your reference clips the 9-11 Commission report at an interesting and
probably (for them) a convenient place. Here's what they left out, after
their last sentence, "According to the reporting, Iraqi officials offered
Bin Ladin a safe haven in Iraq..."

"Bin Ladin declined, apparently judging that his circumstances in
Afghanistan remained more favorable than the Iraqi alternative. The reports
describe friendly contacts and indicate some common themes in both sides'
hatred of the United States. But to date we have seen no evidence that these
or the earlier contacts ever developed into a collaborative operational
relationship. Nor have we seen evidence indicating that Iraq cooperated with
al Qaeda in developing or carrying out any attacks against the United
States. [76]"

That's from the Commission Report. It's exactly the way _The New York Times_
reported it, and other print media reported much the same thing.

--
Ed Huntress

Of interest..take if or leave it.

http://www.geocities.com/republican_...Bin-Laden.html

There are also a couple names that seem to be undiscussed much...

Farooq al-Hijazi

And then, there is this....

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in647507.shtml

.. Thomas Kean, co-chairman of the September 11 Commission, went far
beyond mere "links" between Saddam Hussein's Iraq and al Qaeda.

"There was no question in our minds that there was a relationship
between Iraq and al Qaeda," he said at a press conference on July 22,
2004. "Relationship" is also the word used to describe Iraq-al Qaeda
contacts in an internal Iraqi Intelligence document, authenticated by
U.S. intelligence and first disclosed on June 25, 2004, in the New
York Times. When bin Laden left the Sudan in 1996, according to the
document, his Iraqi Intelligence contacts began "seeking other
channels through which to handle the relationship, in light of his
current location." The document makes no mention of any formal
arrangement between Iraq and al Qaeda, but instructs that
''cooperation between the two organizations should be allowed to
develop freely through discussion and agreement."

Might want to read the article in its entirety..as you will note..CBS
is not a Rightwing blog....

Gunner

"The Democratic Party is the party of this popular corruption.
The heart of the Democratic Party and its activist core is
made up of government unions, government dependent professions
(teachers, social workers, civil servants); special interest and
special benefits groups (abortion rights, is a good example) that
feed off the government trough; and ethnic constituencies,
African Americans being the most prominent, who are
disproportionately invested in government jobs and
in programs that government provides.

" The Democratic Party credo is 'Take as much of the people's money as politically feasible, and use that money to buy as many of the people's votes as possible'.
Tax cuts are a threat to this Democratic agenda.
Consequently, Democrats loathe and despise them."
-Semi-reformed Leftist David Horowitz

Willcox

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Willcox" wrote in message
[...]

The mainstream media reporded that the 9-11 commission said there were
no ties between Iraq and al Qaeda.
Ed Huntress

"Willcox" wrote in message
ess.com...
Ed Huntress wrote:

"Willcox" wrote in message
[...]

Just read the report above, and see how you would report it. Based on the
actual words of the Commission report, I'd say there was some talk and some
wishful thinking, but no "ties."

Which is exactly what they said. No evidence of any cooperative action
between them.

--
Ed Huntress

Cliff

wrote:

[...]

Oh, Goodie.
Gummer's using old reports of long discredited winge & neocon
lies to support those very same lies.

That's like saying "They lied. Here's the lie again. It must be
true."
Oops ... forgot ... that's EXACTLY how gummers winger BS works.

[...]

And you had your usual reading comprehension impairment
troubles again too, right?

Gunner

"The Democratic Party is the party of this popular corruption.
The heart of the Democratic Party and its activist core is
made up of government unions, government dependent professions
(teachers, social workers, civil servants); special interest and
special benefits groups (abortion rights, is a good example) that
feed off the government trough; and ethnic constituencies,
African Americans being the most prominent, who are
disproportionately invested in government jobs and
in programs that government provides.

" The Democratic Party credo is 'Take as much of the people's money as politically feasible, and use that money to buy as many of the people's votes as possible'.
Tax cuts are a threat to this Democratic agenda.
Consequently, Democrats loathe and despise them."
-Semi-reformed Leftist David Horowitz

Gummer's an idiot.
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:04:47 -0400, "George Willer"
wrote:

"Cliff"

Might as well. The dumbDemocrats are trying to blame him for everything
anyway.

There are dumb ones there too.
But they are not the raving pack of lying loons ...
--
Cliff

Are you trying to be serious?

You don't think that that there are any dumb Democrats?

That's a hard case to make to anyone who has
read anything you have written.

You think it's just the wingers & neocons?
--
Cliff

Cliff

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:00:50 GMT, BottleBob
wrote:

Cliff wrote:

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 19:19:59 GMT, BottleBob
wrote:

Cliff wrote:

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 18:39:05 GMT, BottleBob
wrote:

Cliff:

Ipsmith stated the war was "illegal". Do YOU have evidence of that
illegality?

Do you have any that it was not?

Cliff:

YOU were supporting Ipsmith's claims, so it's up to you to support them
with factual evidence.

You are supporting the winger's. Do you have any foorp at all?

Cliff:

Silly Wabbit, I'm "supporting" no one. Go back and re-read my original
post to Ipsmith for content, and not as a basis for one of your
off-the-wall emotional knee-jerk reactions. I asked Ipsmith: "...could
you list the specific law that's binding on the U.S. that you believe is
being broken?". I also asked him what immoral means to him.

snip rest of your comments that are totally irrelevant to my original
comments

I thought you said in another post that you could READ. This proves
you see the personal bogeymen that you WANT to see regardless of the
content of the post.

You probably missed what I posted G.
--
Cliff

J. R. Carroll

ftp.machiningsolution.com/SR_wmd_report.pdf
ftp.machiningsolution.com/911_Report.pdf

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
"Willcox" wrote in message
ess.com...
Ed Huntress wrote:

"Willcox" wrote in message
[...]

Yep,
Just read the report. Why bother with the main stream anything.

ftp.machiningsolution.com/SR_wmd_report.pdf
ftp.machiningsolution.com/911_Report.pdf

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.
Los Angeles San Francisco
www.machiningsolution.com

Cliff

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:19:17 GMT, (The Watcher)
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 05:36:21 -0400, Cliff wrote:

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 03:56:51 GMT, (The Watcher)
wrote:

In article , says...

wrote:

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:32:07 -0400, Cliff wrote:

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:47:14 -0400, "John" wrote:

http://mindprod.com/iraq.html#FALLUJAPIX

Go USA

[
The American soldier knows full well there were no WMDs.

A lie, endlessly repeated, often becomes indistinguishable from the
truth(especially among STUPID people).

So they found all those tons of WKMDs did they?
Where?

I believe some mustard gas and binary nerve agent artillary shells
have been found. But the stockpiles of atomic/biological/chemical
weapons Iraq was supposed to have, simply don't seem to exist.

The TONS of chemical weapons he allegedly buried probably still exist, since
burying them in sand usually doesn't harm them.

Pity that they can find nobody that buried them.
Did they offer a huge reward or just torture people?

No, all they have is the claims by Saddam Hussein's people that they buried
them.

Would these be the ones that they tortured til they said that?
Got clues?

Be easy enough to ask where & go dig a few up, right?
Except that it was all accounted for it seems ....

If they didn't bury them, they must still have them stockpiled somewhere.

So now YOUR claim (see above) is a lie?

Is this winger-logic or what?
Any claim needed to tell a whopper ..... over & over again ....

On top of all of that, WHAT POSSIBLE BUSINESS WAS IT OF
YOURS?

Lets's see: Who were we supposedly protecting from attack?
All of those that refused to even allow US troops to use their
soil and protested the attacks, right?
Those with absolutely no concern ..... why is that?

Imagine what that would do for all you lieberal apologist tail-chasers spinning
around trying to cover for his lies all these years. :/

I'm not the one that told the lies. Who did? ANY clues
yet?

A) Saddam and the "WMDs" were right where the neocons claimed.
B) No WMDs to be found ANYWHERE (not counting the spoiled
sandwich in the bombed-out fridge) and guess who lied.

Or did they instead just camp out in ammo bunkers and not
even bother to look, knowing that there were none ....? Then
march on after breaking camp and take over the Oil Ministry,hunting
for WMDs?

I guess somebody wasn't paying attention too well. Don't remember UN inspectors
being repeatedly denied access and thrown out of Iraq, eh? Some more of that
selective memory, I suppose.

Tossed out by Bush ..... 95% done ...

As I've said before, though, I can't blame George II for making
that charge, because Saddam was doing everything possible to
convince the world he DID have WMDs in huge quantities. I can
blame Dubya for all sort of things, but not that.

Might as well. The dumbDemocrats are trying to blame him for everything anyway.

There are dumb ones there too.
But they are not the raving pack of lying loons ...

No, that's why we have these Incredible Morphing Lies, eh?
No WMD's, uhhh, NO TONS of WMD's, what's it gonna be next? No POUNDS of WMD's?

Not even an ounce so far, right?
Not an ounce == not a pound == not a ton == not hunderds of tons.

HUGE threat to the US ....

Winger lies & BS? Tons of that.
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 11:15:43 -0700, "Dan"
wrote:

[...]

Just this once, and once only, I'll pull a Gummer.

Bravo.
--
Cliff
Cliff

wrote:

[...]

Has sanity ever reared it's ugly head in your family?
--
Cliff
Cliff

wrote:

[...]

Just another typical winger, Dan.
--
Cliff

Cliff

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 18:15:44 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Are you claiming that the military targets such as command and control
head quarters, ammo dumps, Republican Guard barracks and so forth,
were filled with 50% children?

No doubt most were empty.
Do you think that the people of Iraq were as dumb as wingers?

Not that those ammodumps that the US troops went camping
in were ever bombed it seems ....

Lots of bombing would have released all of those nasy "WMDs"
as well with lots dead from them.
Oddly, no reports of any such dead ...

Keep whimpering guys. It's fun to watch .....
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 18:28:31 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

When you can provide something besides your opinion on the illegality
and immorality of the war, then we can talk. No leftwing blogs, or
sound bites from Liberals thankyouveddyveddymuch.

Gummer's swearing off old wingerblogs ....
--
Cliff
Cliff

wrote:

Oh shutup, goofball.

Oh oh...running out of argument already? Lightweight.

When gummer looks silly enough he uses his killfile so
that he'll not be so embarrassed in public again .....

http://www.drc-gb.org/open4all/servi...ion/Image2.jpg

Looks like his head is stuck again though.
--
Cliff
Dan

Grady wrote:
[...]

No, he's not.

Doesnt speak well for Saddam does it?

Doesn't speak well for your ability to comprehend the English language.

Dan

--
"White people in this country will have quite enough to do in learning how
to accept and love themselves and each other, and when they have achieved
this - which will not be tomorrow and may very well be never - the Negro
problem will no longer exist, for it will no longer be needed."

- James Baldwin -
"The Fire Next Time"

D Murphy

"J. R. Carroll" wrote in news:aTz8e.112
:

ftp.machiningsolution.com/SR_wmd_report.pdf
ftp.machiningsolution.com/911_Report.pdf

You should add this one too.
http://www.cia.gov/cia/reports/iraq_wmd_2004/chap1.html

--

Dan

J. R. Carroll

"D Murphy" wrote in message
"J. R. Carroll" wrote in news:aTz8e.112
:

ftp.machiningsolution.com/SR_wmd_report.pdf
ftp.machiningsolution.com/911_Report.pdf

You should add this one too.
http://www.cia.gov/cia/reports/iraq_wmd_2004/chap1.html

Thanks Dan But -
I would prefer not to end up being a repository for these things. It would
be a waste of bandwidth. The knuckle draggers can't and won't absorb
anything beyond pabulum anyway. I have obtained and read a bunch of what our
own government has published and the oft stated conclusion and general sense
is that Iraq had not had deliverable capacity for years and lacked the
infrastructure required for even a bad industrial accident. When Collin
Powell testified to that effect in 2001 he was spot on.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.
Los Angeles San Francisco
www.machiningsolution.com

Willcox

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Willcox" wrote in message
ess.com...
The mainstream media reporded that the 9-11 commission said there were
no ties between Iraq and al Qaeda.

Just read the report above, and see how you would report it. Based on the
actual words of the Commission report, I'd say there was some talk and some
wishful thinking, but no "ties."

Tied to defination of "ties" i guess.

Which is exactly what they said. No evidence of any cooperative action
between them.

And no evidence they weren't cooperating, so what'd your point? Lack of
evidence doesn't prove the opposite.
BottleBob

BottleBob wrote:
wrote:

Yet you apparently support a war that is illegal and immoral.

IPSmith:

Let's see if we can pin down a couple of facts.

Sure.

Jpsmith:

I'm sorry, I've been calling you *I* psmith, when I now see that it's
*J* psmith. I suppose I should lower the resolution of my monitor, or
get a larger monitor. I wonder, do they make reasonably priced 26"
monitors, this 21 incher doesn't seem to be doing it for me any longer.

You claim that the war
in IRAQ is "illegal", could you list the specific law that's binding

on
the U.S. that you believe is being broken?

The U.S. is a party to various treaties which clearly prohibit
aggressive war, treaties like the UN Charter.

I thought "treaties" were essentially just agreements entered into by
two or more parties/countries. What punitive powers does the UN have to
enforce such agreements?

I guess I incorrectly assumed that this was common knowledge. Our
government run schools have apparently seen to it that most Americans
are utterly clueless in such matters.

I wouldn't necessarily blame U.S. schools, it's been many decades since
I was in school, and since I'm pretty much non-political, the
intricacies of treaty law are not of great interest to me. But I see in
Encarta that there are a number of ways to terminate a treaty.

TERMINATION
Treaties may be terminated in various ways. The treaty itself may
provide for its termination at a specified time or it may allow one
party to give notice of termination, effective either at the time of
receipt or following the expiration of a specified period. A treaty may
be terminated by one signatory's repudiation of its obligations; such a
unilateral termination, however, may provoke retaliatory measures. A
treaty may also be terminated by reliance on the principle rebus sic
stantibus ("things remaining that way"), that is, when the state of
affairs assumed by the signatory parties (when they signed the treaty,
and therefore the real basis of the treaty), no longer exists, and a
substantial change in conditions has taken place.

"Treaty," Microsoft® Encarta® Encyclopedia 2000. © 1993-1999 Microsoft
Corporation. All rights reserved.

You claim the war is "immoral".

First of all, not all war is immoral, in my view. Obviously, it depends
on the circumstances. Those circumstances are spelled out generally in
treaties, and morally elucidated in the "Doctrine of Just War". Look it
up.

I'm always willing to learn something new, so I looked it up. Most of
the "Just War Doctrine" sites seem to be intertwined with Catholic and
Christian ethics.
Now since I don't believe in the basic tenets of Catholic or Christian
dogma, the more convoluted reasoning that is based upon that dogma seems
to have no solid foundation, in my own opinion of course.

Put simply, aggressive war is immoral, defensive war is not.

That seems like another case of a personal (or group), value judgment.
Certain sects of Muslims believe it's their Moral Duty to convert or
exterminate infidels. So a person could conclude that "from their point
of view" an aggressive war is indeed a moral one.

In the case of Bush's present war against Iraq, it's plain to see that
it's immoral...it takes no sophisticated moral reasoning, IMO.

There are obviously those that believe otherwise.

Could you please define what "immoral"
means to you.

In one important general sense regarding individual behavior, "immoral"
simply means doing something to someone else, directly or indirectly,
that you know you would not want done to yourself. Simple really.

So essentially you are saying that your moral compass is governed by a
sort of "negative golden rule", correct?

It's when people don't follow this simple Christian doctrine of
reciprocity, usually necessitating the involvement of third parties,
that things get complicated.

Well there's that word "Christian" again. You seem to be concluding
that Christian moral systems are the only valid moral systems.

I not going to sit here and say I have all the answers, either. I
don't, and I won't pretend to.

That seems like an intelligent perspective. So why are you so verbally
abusive of those who hold differing viewpoints? I thought you ascribed
to the "negative golden rule" where you don't treat others in a manner
that you wouldn't want to be treated yourself.

snip a bunch of interesting stuff due to time constraints

If someone demonstrates a lack of understanding of simple grammar, I've
generally found it unlikely that they are in any position to debate
issues involving complex moral reasoning.

I'm having a hard time seeing the correlation between what you call
complex moral reasoning and a person's understanding and knowledge of
grammar and spelling.

Also, if your points are valid they should be able stand on their

own
merits and not need any bolstering emotional component in the form of
statements made solely for the intention of belittling and demeaning
others.

The problem, BottleBob, is that regardless of the merit of my position,
my points are really "valid" only to the extent the other party in the
"discussion" is open-mined, morally and mentally competent, and
intellectually honest. A rare combination on usenet.

Opps, you misspelled open-minded, does that indicate that you're
morally incompetent? ...Just kidding.
So can we assume that you believe that those who don't agree with your
particular mindset fall into the class of individuals that could be
characterized as "close-minded", morally and mentally INcompetent, as
well as being intellectually DIShonest?

Unfortunately I don't have much time in the next few days for much
"discussion".

Well today's the last day of my weekend, and I don't have much time
during the week to post, so our little "chat" will probably come to a
screeching halt.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
Bob Brock

"Willcox" wrote in message
ess.com...
Ed Huntress wrote:

"Willcox" wrote in message
ess.com...
The mainstream media reporded that the 9-11 commission said there were
no ties between Iraq and al Qaeda.

Just read the report above, and see how you would report it. Based on the
actual words of the Commission report, I'd say there was some talk and
some
wishful thinking, but no "ties."

Tied to defination of "ties" i guess.

Which is exactly what they said. No evidence of any cooperative action
between them.

And no evidence they weren't cooperating, so what'd your point? Lack of
evidence doesn't prove the opposite.

Hopefully, someday in the future, lack of evidence will not be considered
justification for invaision either.

Bob Brock

wrote:

Cliff:

Ipsmith stated the war was "illegal". Do YOU have evidence of
that
illegality?

Do you have any that it was not?

Cliff:

YOU were supporting Ipsmith's claims, so it's up to you to support them
with factual evidence.

Would the fact that the president of the United States required amnesty
before he could visit Venezuela count?