George E. Cawthon

TURTLE wrote:
"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

TURTLE wrote:

((snipped))

This is Turtle.

Let me put this one on you. Did you know that regular gas with no Alcohol or
additives has to be 6% water to start with !

TURTLE

Nope, didn't know that. Not sure I believe it since the water and gas are not
miscible and would just pool in a container. BTW, 6 percent of 20 gallons
would be a pint of water. That much in the bottom of your tank would probably
cause the car to not start and would likely ruin the gas filter.

Suggest that you put a gallon of fresh gas in a gallon jug. Tip it about 30
degrees so all the water will pool in a small area in the bottom and then
check after sitting for a day. No water? Put a teaspoon of water in and see
if you can see that pool? If you can, then don't believe the 6 percent water
in gas.

This is Turtle.

I see you have not burned well head drip gas stolen from the well heads and
burned in your truck or car. Well head and drip gas like this has no water in it
and burns pretty hot and will burn your valve out of your engine in a year or
so. So the hands had to put a jug of water dripping water into the carberator
while running to keep the cyclinder from burning too hot. Without the water the
gas will burn your engine up in just a short while.

And no they refinnerys don't just pour the water in the gas and hope it will
mix. they call this refinning the fuel. Now when the water drops out of the
fuel. It is called bad gas and will give you trouble tring to burn it without
the water in it. You need to check with a person that deals with the propertys
that gas has in it and find out about the water in it.

TURTLE

You're right, I have never used or stolen any
gas in my life, well head or other. I'm no
gasoline expert, but well head gas is low octane
and that is why it burns up engines. Adding water
reduces the octane requirement and that principle
was used in the water injection airplane engines,
but just dripping water in to the carb isn't very
effective, but would reduce cylinder temperatures.

My reading does not indicate refineries add any
water to gasoline. The only way that they could
keep it mixed in is if they also added an alcohol
or other oxygenate; lots of gasoline blends do not
include any oxygenate, so any added water would
just pool.

Refining has nothing to do with water, it consists
of distilling petroleum into different fractions,
naphtha, diesel, tar, etc. and cracking which is
splitting long chains into shorter more useful
chains such as those in naphtha (gas).

I think your 6 percent water is just an old wives
tale. I haven't searched the ASTM and SAE
specifications for gasoline but doubt that there
are any that deal that indicate 6 percent water is
acceptable or that require added water.