Mark Zenier

In article ,
David Brodbeck wrote:
There's special grease sold for this called "dielectric grease", but for
your application Vaseline will work fine. The grease is deliberately
*not* made conductive, because that could cause shorts on
multi-conductor connectors. (A "dielectric" is an insulator -- think of
a capacitor dielectric.)

There's an anti-oxidant grease that's even better, (designed for the joint
between copper and aluminum wiring, I think. One of last century's
really bad ideas). Ilsco De-Ox is the tube I have, but I've seen it
under different labels. Magic stuff if you've got a flashlight where
the batteries leaked and other large cruded up wiring.

For more delicate stuff, there's the oxide remover flavor/color of
Cramolin. (I can't remember if it's Red or Blue). Or its US
counterpart, Caig Lab's DeOxit.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident