Ed Huntress

"George Willer" wrote in message

Not "the rest of us," George. Speak for yourself. Anyone who claims to
know
the story on Iraq's WMD's is living in cloud-cuckooland. Most people

here
have made no such claims. Neither do I.

--
Ed Huntress

Excuse me Ed, but aren't you one of the geniuses who claim the WMDs don't
and didn't exist?

Nope. Check the archives back as far as you want. *You're* the one who
claims that the WMDs are in the desert or that they're in some other
country. I have no idea. Of course, neither do you, in reality.

If you don't know, it's just plain silly to make claims
about other's opinions.

Not if their opinion is, as you say, "You're right, Ron. The pity is that we
didn't go in quickly enough while the WMD were still there and not moved out
of the country, or not buried out
in that vast desert."

Or: "You have to rewrite history to support the idea that Saddam wasn't a
flagrant threat to us and the rest of the world prior to the second invasion
to enforce the cease fire that was agreed to after the first phase."

In the first quote, you assume you know that the WMDs are still around. In
the second, you claim that Saddam was a threat to us, but, when I asked you
what was the nature of the threat, your reply was that he falls into a class
of people who hate us and who have access to box cutters.

You have a logistical problem here, in addition to the logic that says we're
justified in killing thousands of Iraqi civilians because Saddam hates us.
That's probably more than half the world, George. So, I'll ask again: (1)
What's so special about YOU, that you know what happened to those WMDs when
no one else in the world seems to? (2) What makes you think that, even if
they exist, he was going to use them on us? (3) How many people do you plan
to kill before you get all of the ones who hate us and who have box cutters?

Answers to any two of the three will be a good start.

--
Ed Huntress