Gunner

On 13 Apr 2005 10:14:53 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

"In an article for Parade magazine,

Bwaaa haa haaa ha.

You calling Tommy Franks a liar?

No, I'm chortling at anyone who'd list parade magazine
as a source! What's next, Boys Life??

Where's Ed when ya need him!

Jim

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/07/29/franks.interview/
http://www.nationalreview.com/lowry/...0408170825.asp
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/8/4/05219.shtml
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0804/lowry081704.asp

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
Ed Huntress

news
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

"In an article for Parade magazine,

Bwaaa haa haaa ha.

You calling Tommy Franks a liar?

No, I'm chortling at anyone who'd list parade magazine
as a source! What's next, Boys Life??

Where's Ed when ya need him!

Jim

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/07/29/franks.interview/
http://www.nationalreview.com/lowry/...0408170825.asp
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/8/4/05219.shtml
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0804/lowry081704.asp

What I want to know is what Gunner is doing reading Jewish World Review. I
thought he was a John Moses Browning Buddhist.

--
Ed Huntress

Gunner

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 03:19:33 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

news
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

"In an article for Parade magazine,

Bwaaa haa haaa ha.

You calling Tommy Franks a liar?

No, I'm chortling at anyone who'd list parade magazine
as a source! What's next, Boys Life??

Where's Ed when ya need him!

Jim

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/07/29/franks.interview/
http://www.nationalreview.com/lowry/...0408170825.asp
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/8/4/05219.shtml
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0804/lowry081704.asp

What I want to know is what Gunner is doing reading Jewish World Review. I
thought he was a John Moses Browning Buddhist.

For the same reason a confirmed leftist such as your self has quoted
from the Wall Street Journal.

VBG

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
Ed Huntress

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 03:19:33 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

news
wrote:

In article , Gunner

says...

"In an article for Parade magazine,

Bwaaa haa haaa ha.

You calling Tommy Franks a liar?

No, I'm chortling at anyone who'd list parade magazine
as a source! What's next, Boys Life??

Where's Ed when ya need him!

Jim
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/07/29/franks.interview/
http://www.nationalreview.com/lowry/...0408170825.asp
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/8/4/05219.shtml
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0804/lowry081704.asp

What I want to know is what Gunner is doing reading Jewish World Review.

thought he was a John Moses Browning Buddhist.

For the same reason a confirmed leftist such as your self has quoted
from the Wall Street Journal.

VBG

Gunner

That's good, but it's really evidence that I'm not a liberal, after all. The
WSJ and I are both fiscal conservatives.

In your case, it raises the question of what it is you're looking for, that
you come across things like that. It's as if I read _The Union Leader_ over
breakfast. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

J. R. Carroll

"Pete C." wrote in message
Willcox wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

Cliff wrote:

[
Political Groups Paid Two Relatives of House Leader

By PHILIP SHENON, The New York Times

WASHINGTON, April 5 - The wife and daughter of Tom DeLay, the House
majority leader, have been paid more than $500,000 since 2001 by Mr.
DeLay's political action and campaign committees, .......
]

Gunner's heros ........ does he have a rich uncle too?
--
Cliff

Do you honestly think that things are any different on the left end of
the political spectrum?

Hint: 99.99999% of politicians are corrupt. The other 0.00001% are too
inept to be around long enough to become corrupt.

Pete C.

So when a Republican does something he should resign or be impeached,
but when a Democrat does it, it means all politicians are the same? oh,
ok, got it.

Huh? I certainly didn't say that.

You didn't have to

"The time has come that the American people know exactly what their
representatives are doing here in Washington. Are they feeding at the public
trough, taking lobbyist-paid vacations, getting wined and dined by
special-interest groups? Or are they working hard to represent their
constituents? The people, the American people, have a right to know. I say
the best disinfectant is full disclosure."
Delivered on the House floor in November 1995 by well-known reformer Tom
Delay, R-Texas.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.

jim rozen

In article , J. R. Carroll
says...

"The time has come that the American people know exactly what their
representatives are doing here in Washington. Are they feeding at the public
trough, taking lobbyist-paid vacations, getting wined and dined by
special-interest groups? Or are they working hard to represent their
constituents? The people, the American people, have a right to know. I say
the best disinfectant is full disclosure."
Delivered on the House floor in November 1995 by well-known reformer Tom
Delay, R-Texas.

Funny how all that works out.

And how come the ethics rules were changed, anyhow?

Used to be you couldn't be a senator or a rep if you were under
indictment. Nowadays they're letting anything slide. Time for
a change I think.

Jim

please reply to:
J. R. Carroll

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , J. R. Carroll
says...

"The time has come that the American people know exactly what their
representatives are doing here in Washington. Are they feeding at the

public
trough, taking lobbyist-paid vacations, getting wined and dined by
special-interest groups? Or are they working hard to represent their
constituents? The people, the American people, have a right to know. I

say
the best disinfectant is full disclosure."
Delivered on the House floor in November 1995 by well-known reformer Tom
Delay, R-Texas.

Funny how all that works out.

Ain't it just so!

And how come the ethics rules were changed, anyhow?

Used to be you couldn't be a senator or a rep if you were under
indictment. Nowadays they're letting anything slide. Time for
a change I think.

What we need is the new generation of Bob Dole/Gerry Ford and Barry
Goldwater. Tom Delay couldn't hold the door for any one of them. Those guys
were my kind of Republicans. They were also real men/human beings and I see
little of that in today's Republican leadership.
As it is, I think you are right, the winds of change are beginning to blow
but I can only wonder - to what effect.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.
Los Angeles San Francisco
www.machiningsolution.com

jim rozen

In article , J. R. Carroll
says...

What we need is the new generation of Bob Dole/Gerry Ford and Barry
Goldwater. Tom Delay couldn't hold the door for any one of them. Those guys
were my kind of Republicans. They were also real men/human beings and I see
little of that in today's Republican leadership.
As it is, I think you are right, the winds of change are beginning to blow
but I can only wonder - to what effect.

Theodore Roosevelt. I think we need some Trust-Busting here.

Jim

please reply to:
Martin H. Eastburn

Ok George - you mean the "Big Bird, head in the sand" Can't see the Lion so
it isn't there.... :-)

Martin
--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life
George Willer wrote:
You're going to gut these guys all mixed up! They've been gleefully proving
a negative all this time. You should be more careful. We don't know where
they are, so they don't exist. Isn't that better?

George Willer

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message

WMD's are in both countries. They were in IRAQ - just none located or
found lately.
Thousands of locals have died in IRAQ and IRAN from 'tests' IRAQ did.

Martin

Ed Huntress

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
Ok George - you mean the "Big Bird, head in the sand" Can't see the Lion

so
it isn't there.... :-)

Martin

I think he's referring to the "We need an excuse, and we can't let the truth
get in the way of a good story, so let's pretend it was there." g?

George doesn't have a clue if there were any WMDs in Iraq. He's blowing
smoke out his ass.

But it makes him feel good to imagine it. And, as he says, no one can prove
a negative (that statement really isn't true in general, BTW, but we'll let
it slide). So he can live in cloud-cuckooland until the day he dies -- and
probably will.

--
Ed Huntress

George Willer

Just because you say it. Ed, doesn't make it so. Your superiority complex
is getting in the way of your deteriorating thinking processes.

In your imaginary superiority fog, you seem to think you have better
clues... but you are sadly mistaken. Get a real clue.

George Willer

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
[...]

Gunner

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:16:50 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 03:19:33 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
news On 13 Apr 2005 10:14:53 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

[...]

Frankly Ed..what it means is that the Jewish World Review is an
interesting data source. It keeps an rather open mind on things, tends
to be right wing, or at least moderately conservative and so forth.
It hosts many diverse writers works.

Larry Elder has a column there, as an example

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas
Ed Huntress

"George Willer" wrote in message
Just because you say it. Ed, doesn't make it so.

I didn't "say" it, George. I have no knowledge about Iraq's WMD's one way or
the other.

You, on the other hand, claim to know all about it. You're full of crap.

Your superiority complex
is getting in the way of your deteriorating thinking processes.

It appears that you're the one who claims superior knowledge, George. You
know better than the UN inspectors, and the US analysts who have reported no
evidence of WMDs, and everyone else who actually has BEEN there and spent
millions of dollars, with the best equipment and the best experts in the
world, but who have found no evidence of WMD's except for a few empty
artillery shells. George knows; they don't.

As I said, George, you're full of crap, as usual.

In your imaginary superiority fog, you seem to think you have better
clues... but you are sadly mistaken. Get a real clue.

You're the one living in the fog of his own imagination, George. You have no
idea what you're talking about. You're the one who claims he knows the real
story. You're the one who's blowing smoke out his ass.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

"Gunner" wrote in message

That's good, but it's really evidence that I'm not a liberal, after all.

The
WSJ and I are both fiscal conservatives.

In your case, it raises the question of what it is you're looking for,

that
you come across things like that. It's as if I read _The Union Leader_

over
breakfast. d8-)

Frankly Ed..what it means is that the Jewish World Review is an
interesting data source. It keeps an rather open mind on things, tends
to be right wing, or at least moderately conservative and so forth.
It hosts many diverse writers works.

I've read it a few times. It reads like a policy review journal, and it is
indeed a source of interesting perspectives.

I'm not disparaging the publication. I'm wondering how in the hell you come
up with these off-the-wall sources, with no comment from you about how you
happened to catch this relevant article in an obscure publication -- four or
five such, typically, for every topic you reference to other sources.
Statistically, it suggests that you spend 80 or 90 hours per day surfing
through ideologically inspired publishing from around the world. g

As much as I read, and most people would consider me a heavy reader, I don't
think it's possible for anyone to collect such a variety of such references
on his own. I've used Lexis-Nexis in my article research and I'm not sure
THEY would come up with some of the lists you have. So I assume you get them
all from blogs and right-wing websites, who do the scouring for you and
supply you with the lists. There is little possibility that you even have
time to read your own references, because, to do so would mean you have
near-100% accuracy in getting relevant hits, even if you used a search
engine to find them.

As an experienced publishing researcher, I see no other possibility than
that you collect nearly all of your lists of references from the blogs,
unless you have a twenty-person staff of researchers tucked away somewhere.

--
Ed Huntress

jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Frankly Ed..what it means is that the Jewish World Review is an
interesting data source.

"Parade" magazine is interesting also. You can line your
birdcage with it, you can wrap fish in it, you can use it
for extra insulation if you forget your sweater and it's
cold out....

Jim

please reply to:

Bob Brock

"J. R. Carroll" wrote in message
m...

"Pete C." wrote in message

Huh? I certainly didn't say that.

You didn't have to

If you want to hold him accountable, he has to have said it. You want to
hold someone accountable for what they did not say to justify not holding
someone accountable for something that they have done.

I'm beginning to agree with Cliff. Wingers is a disease.

J. R. Carroll

"Bob Brock" wrote in message

"J. R. Carroll" wrote in message
m...

"Pete C." wrote in message

Huh? I certainly didn't say that.

You didn't have to

If you want to hold him accountable, he has to have said it. You want to

I wasn't "holding him accountable" for anything - I was agreeing with him
and pointing out that flip flopping on important positions isn't party
centric. It's political reality for the most part, they are almost all
crooks.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.
Los Angeles San Francisco
www.machiningsolution.com

George Willer

Ed,

Your response is confirmation that I'm right on the mark. Thanks for
acknowledging it. The known fact is that the WMD WERE there and neither of
us knows what happened to most of them. Not I... and certainly not you.

Ah... The weapons inspectors! The ones who weren't permitted to inspect?
The ones who were evicted from the country for four years? Those weapons
inspectors? The ones who had to make an advance appointment to inspect any
given site? Get your own head out of your ass, Ed... your liberal loony
slant is showing again.

As much as you may wish it, your hero Saddam is never coming back in power.
He's gone! Get over it.

[...]

Ed Huntress

"George Willer" wrote in message
Ed,

Your response is confirmation that I'm right on the mark. Thanks for
acknowledging it. The known fact is that the WMD WERE there and neither

of
us knows what happened to most of them. Not I... and certainly not you.

That's right, neither of us knows what happened to them. Neither do we know
WHEN they were last there. So there was no reason to assume Saddam was a
threat to us because he still had them, right?

If we agree on that, then we're in total agreement, George. . .and your
comment to Martin really didn't mean anything, except that there was no
known reason to invade Iraq, right?

--
Ed Huntress

George Willer

Ed,

The only way I see that you could be more wrong would be for you, Jim R. and
that numbnuts, Cliff to form a partnership.

You have to rewrite history to support the idea that Saddam wasn't a
flagrant threat to us and the rest of the world prior to the second invasion
to enforce the cease fire that was agreed to after the first phase. Do you
have a clue what he would have done if we hadn't invaded? I didn't think
so.

Since we can't have it both ways... with the invasion or without, all you
guys are simply blowing smoke when you declare invasion was a mistake. Many
people still mistakenly feel (not think) that Saddam was just a peaceful
little despot and we would be better off if we hadn't called his bluff.
Thankfully, your view didn't prevail.

Saddam never accounted for the known weapons and maintained a posture of
defiance regarding them and the inspections.

Compare this situation to the robber who has his hand in his pocket and uses
his finger to simulate a gun. Then he gets shot by security or the cops.
Afterward, you guys scream bloody murder because he wasn't really armed and
he got shot. Damn cops should have guessed he wasn't really armed and had
taken his gun somewhere else.

It's a damn good thing you guys aren't in charge.

George Willer

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
"George Willer" wrote in message
Ed,

Your response is confirmation that I'm right on the mark. Thanks for
acknowledging it. The known fact is that the WMD WERE there and neither

of
us knows what happened to most of them. Not I... and certainly not you.

That's right, neither of us knows what happened to them. Neither do we
know
WHEN they were last there. So there was no reason to assume Saddam was a
threat to us because he still had them, right?

If we agree on that, then we're in total agreement, George. . .and your
comment to Martin really didn't mean anything, except that there was no
known reason to invade Iraq, right?

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

"George Willer" wrote in message
Ed,

The only way I see that you could be more wrong would be for you, Jim R.

and
that numbnuts, Cliff to form a partnership.

You have to rewrite history to support the idea that Saddam wasn't a
flagrant threat to us and the rest of the world prior to the second

invasion
to enforce the cease fire that was agreed to after the first phase.

Saddam couldn't even REACH us, for chissake. What the hell do you mean, he
was "a flagrant threat to us"? What did you think he was going to do, send
over nerve gas by UPS?

If Saddam was a "threat to us," then half the world is a threat to us. Tell
us how he was a threat to the US, George.

--
Ed Huntress

George Willer

Ed,

Now you're getting silly. With his attitude and thirst for power, along
with his almost unlimited wealth to buy whatever he wanted in military
hardware he could have used Fed Ex. We've already seen what can be done
with a few thousand dollars and some box cutters. It's good we don't know
what Saddam would have done, don't you think?

You can do better, Ed. You're still wrong.

[...]

Ed Huntress

"George Willer" wrote in message
Ed,

Now you're getting silly. With his attitude and thirst for power, along
with his almost unlimited wealth to buy whatever he wanted in military
hardware he could have used Fed Ex.

Now, who's getting silly? g

We've already seen what can be done
with a few thousand dollars and some box cutters. It's good we don't know
what Saddam would have done, don't you think?

Hell, if all it takes is hating the US and having some box cutters, we ought
to bomb France tomorrow. Then, on Tuesday, we can bomb half of the rest of
the world.

Why Iraq first?

You can do better, Ed. You're still wrong.

I'm so glad we have you, George, with all of those screw-ups on the 9-11
Commission and everywhere else in government who just can't seem to get it
right. And you can do it from thousands of miles away!

--
Ed Huntress

jim rozen

In article , Ed Huntress says...

Saddam couldn't even REACH us, for chissake. What the hell do you mean, he
was "a flagrant threat to us"? What did you think he was going to do, send
over nerve gas by UPS?

Well what the heck, they just shipped that H2N2 influenza virus
all *over* the world, probably by UPS.

"Hey guys, see if you can figure out what *this* one is."

I have the disqueting feeling the world isn't going to be undone
by malevolenece, but rather by cosmic idiocy.

Jim

please reply to:
George Willer

I'm so glad we have you, George, with all of those screw-ups on the 9-11
Commission and everywhere else in government who just can't seem to get it
right. And you can do it from thousands of miles away!

--
Ed Huntress

There you go again, Ed... trying to pull rank. Sad news... you don't have
any. You're the same kind of dumbass you think the rest of us are.

George Willer

Spehro Pefhany

On 17 Apr 2005 06:15:07 -0700, the renowned jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Ed Huntress says...

Saddam couldn't even REACH us, for chissake. What the hell do you mean, he
was "a flagrant threat to us"? What did you think he was going to do, send
over nerve gas by UPS?

Well what the heck, they just shipped that H2N2 influenza virus
all *over* the world, probably by UPS.

"Hey guys, see if you can figure out what *this* one is."

I have the disqueting feeling the world isn't going to be undone
by malevolenece, but rather by cosmic idiocy.

Jim

They sent 3,747 such shipments out. I wonder if any were lost.

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/influ...2005_04_12/en/

"herefore, persons born after 1968 are expected to have no or only
limited immunity to H2N2".

Would it be a better or worse world with a lot fewer people born after
1968?

;-)

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Ed Huntress

"George Willer" wrote in message
I'm so glad we have you, George, with all of those screw-ups on the 9-11
Commission and everywhere else in government who just can't seem to get

it
right. And you can do it from thousands of miles away!

--
Ed Huntress

There you go again, Ed... trying to pull rank. Sad news... you don't have
any. You're the same kind of dumbass you think the rest of us are.

George Willer

Not "the rest of us," George. Speak for yourself. Anyone who claims to know
the story on Iraq's WMD's is living in cloud-cuckooland. Most people here
have made no such claims. Neither do I.

--
Ed Huntress

George Willer

Not "the rest of us," George. Speak for yourself. Anyone who claims to
know
the story on Iraq's WMD's is living in cloud-cuckooland. Most people here
have made no such claims. Neither do I.

--
Ed Huntress

Excuse me Ed, but aren't you one of the geniuses who claim the WMDs don't
and didn't exist? If you don't know, it's just plain silly to make claims
about other's opinions. Let's clear that up before you give us a tour of
your cloud-cuckooland.

George Willer

Ed Huntress

"George Willer" wrote in message

Not "the rest of us," George. Speak for yourself. Anyone who claims to
know
the story on Iraq's WMD's is living in cloud-cuckooland. Most people

here
have made no such claims. Neither do I.

--
Ed Huntress

Excuse me Ed, but aren't you one of the geniuses who claim the WMDs don't
and didn't exist?

Nope. Check the archives back as far as you want. *You're* the one who
claims that the WMDs are in the desert or that they're in some other
country. I have no idea. Of course, neither do you, in reality.

If you don't know, it's just plain silly to make claims
about other's opinions.

Not if their opinion is, as you say, "You're right, Ron. The pity is that we
didn't go in quickly enough while the WMD were still there and not moved out
of the country, or not buried out
in that vast desert."

Or: "You have to rewrite history to support the idea that Saddam wasn't a
flagrant threat to us and the rest of the world prior to the second invasion
to enforce the cease fire that was agreed to after the first phase."

In the first quote, you assume you know that the WMDs are still around. In
the second, you claim that Saddam was a threat to us, but, when I asked you
what was the nature of the threat, your reply was that he falls into a class
of people who hate us and who have access to box cutters.

You have a logistical problem here, in addition to the logic that says we're
justified in killing thousands of Iraqi civilians because Saddam hates us.
That's probably more than half the world, George. So, I'll ask again: (1)
What's so special about YOU, that you know what happened to those WMDs when
no one else in the world seems to? (2) What makes you think that, even if
they exist, he was going to use them on us? (3) How many people do you plan
to kill before you get all of the ones who hate us and who have box cutters?

Answers to any two of the three will be a good start.

--
Ed Huntress

jim rozen

In article , Spehro Pefhany says...

Well what the heck, they just shipped that H2N2 influenza virus
all *over* the world, probably by UPS.

They sent 3,747 such shipments out. I wonder if any were lost.

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/influ...2005_04_12/en/

"herefore, persons born after 1968 are expected to have no or only
limited immunity to H2N2".

Would it be a better or worse world with a lot fewer people born after
1968?

I suspect it may well be folks born after 1958. I sorta have a
personal interest in it if that's true....

Let's see, if they lost one out of 3000 shipments, that would be,
umm. About .03 percent. I think most folks here would be quite
happy if UPS had a .03 percent error rate....

Jim

please reply to:

Gunner

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 09:46:57 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

As an experienced publishing researcher, I see no other possibility than
that you collect nearly all of your lists of references from the blogs,
unless you have a twenty-person staff of researchers tucked away somewhere.

--
Ed Huntress

LOL....actually Ed..I just happen to be very good at using search
engines. I have 5 of them on line at any one moment with a GUI as an
interface.

Few "right wing blogs" have many usable links of any note. Fewer
Leftwing Blogs have links at all. Seems they DONT want to be able to
show their data sources.

I also have an outside the box "nose" for thinking about search terms.
Tends to work the same way with scrounging up equipment. I can often
find stuff no one else finds.

Its either than, or none of my huge staff of mind numbed robots has
blabbed about the boiler room operation.

Gunner

"The Democratic Party is the party of this popular corruption.
The heart of the Democratic Party and its activist core is
made up of government unions, government dependent professions
(teachers, social workers, civil servants); special interest and
special benefits groups (abortion rights, is a good example) that
feed off the government trough; and ethnic constituencies,
African Americans being the most prominent, who are
disproportionately invested in government jobs and
in programs that government provides.

" The Democratic Party credo is 'Take as much of the people's money as politically feasible, and use that money to buy as many of the people's votes as possible'.
Tax cuts are a threat to this Democratic agenda.
Consequently, Democrats loathe and despise them."
-Semi-reformed Leftist David Horowitz
Gunner

On 16 Apr 2005 09:43:38 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Frankly Ed..what it means is that the Jewish World Review is an
interesting data source.

"Parade" magazine is interesting also. You can line your
birdcage with it, you can wrap fish in it, you can use it
for extra insulation if you forget your sweater and it's
cold out....

Jim

So you are claiming that JWR is bird cage liner material? Is it that
the content tends to refute your world view, or the Jewish part?

Gunner

"The Democratic Party is the party of this popular corruption.
The heart of the Democratic Party and its activist core is
made up of government unions, government dependent professions
(teachers, social workers, civil servants); special interest and
special benefits groups (abortion rights, is a good example) that
feed off the government trough; and ethnic constituencies,
African Americans being the most prominent, who are
disproportionately invested in government jobs and
in programs that government provides.

" The Democratic Party credo is 'Take as much of the people's money as politically feasible, and use that money to buy as many of the people's votes as possible'.
Tax cuts are a threat to this Democratic agenda.
Consequently, Democrats loathe and despise them."
-Semi-reformed Leftist David Horowitz
Gunner

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 20:42:21 -0400, "George Willer"
wrote:

Saddam never accounted for the known weapons and maintained a posture of
defiance regarding them and the inspections.

Compare this situation to the robber who has his hand in his pocket and uses
his finger to simulate a gun. Then he gets shot by security or the cops.
Afterward, you guys scream bloody murder because he wasn't really armed and
he got shot. Damn cops should have guessed he wasn't really armed and had
taken his gun somewhere else.

OOOOOO! Very very good! Well done!! ^5

Gunner

"The Democratic Party is the party of this popular corruption.
The heart of the Democratic Party and its activist core is
made up of government unions, government dependent professions
(teachers, social workers, civil servants); special interest and
special benefits groups (abortion rights, is a good example) that
feed off the government trough; and ethnic constituencies,
African Americans being the most prominent, who are
disproportionately invested in government jobs and
in programs that government provides.

" The Democratic Party credo is 'Take as much of the people's money as politically feasible, and use that money to buy as many of the people's votes as possible'.
Tax cuts are a threat to this Democratic agenda.
Consequently, Democrats loathe and despise them."
-Semi-reformed Leftist David Horowitz
Gunner

On 17 Apr 2005 10:00:40 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Spehro Pefhany says...

Well what the heck, they just shipped that H2N2 influenza virus
all *over* the world, probably by UPS.

They sent 3,747 such shipments out. I wonder if any were lost.

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/influ...2005_04_12/en/

"herefore, persons born after 1968 are expected to have no or only
limited immunity to H2N2".

Would it be a better or worse world with a lot fewer people born after
1968?

I suspect it may well be folks born after 1958. I sorta have a
personal interest in it if that's true....

Let's see, if they lost one out of 3000 shipments, that would be,
umm. About .03 percent. I think most folks here would be quite
happy if UPS had a .03 percent error rate....

Jim

There are two unaccounted for.

The shipments to Mexico, and Lebanon.

Oddly enough...Im not comforted by those two names....

Gunner

"The Democratic Party is the party of this popular corruption.
The heart of the Democratic Party and its activist core is
made up of government unions, government dependent professions
(teachers, social workers, civil servants); special interest and
special benefits groups (abortion rights, is a good example) that
feed off the government trough; and ethnic constituencies,
African Americans being the most prominent, who are
disproportionately invested in government jobs and
in programs that government provides.

" The Democratic Party credo is 'Take as much of the people's money as politically feasible, and use that money to buy as many of the people's votes as possible'.
Tax cuts are a threat to this Democratic agenda.
Consequently, Democrats loathe and despise them."
-Semi-reformed Leftist David Horowitz
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

"Parade" magazine is interesting also. You can line your
birdcage with it, you can wrap fish in it, you can use it
for extra insulation if you forget your sweater and it's
cold out....

So you are claiming that JWR is bird cage liner material?

You seem to be having a comprehension problem today.
My comments were about "Parade" magazine. It's a rag.
I'm honestly suprised that even you would cite it.

Jim

please reply to:

Ed Huntress

"Gunner" wrote in message

I also have an outside the box "nose" for thinking about search terms.
Tends to work the same way with scrounging up equipment. I can often
find stuff no one else finds.

Its either than, or none of my huge staff of mind numbed robots has
blabbed about the boiler room operation.

Another benefit is that it saves you from having to actually *read* what you
present as "evidence." g

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Gunner says...

"Parade" magazine is interesting also. You can line your
birdcage with it, you can wrap fish in it, you can use it
for extra insulation if you forget your sweater and it's
cold out....

So you are claiming that JWR is bird cage liner material?

You seem to be having a comprehension problem today.
My comments were about "Parade" magazine. It's a rag.
I'm honestly suprised that even you would cite it.

It came with his Google kaboodle.

--
Ed Huntress

Gunner

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 17:15:15 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

I also have an outside the box "nose" for thinking about search terms.
Tends to work the same way with scrounging up equipment. I can often
find stuff no one else finds.

Its either than, or none of my huge staff of mind numbed robots has
blabbed about the boiler room operation.

Another benefit is that it saves you from having to actually *read* what you
present as "evidence." g

Oh, I read everything I post. Just most of it conflicts with your
world view, hence you claim its invalid. You do tend to think inside
the box way too much.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke
Gunner

On 17 Apr 2005 14:00:43 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

"Parade" magazine is interesting also. You can line your
birdcage with it, you can wrap fish in it, you can use it
for extra insulation if you forget your sweater and it's
cold out....

So you are claiming that JWR is bird cage liner material?

You seem to be having a comprehension problem today.
My comments were about "Parade" magazine. It's a rag.
I'm honestly suprised that even you would cite it.

Jim

I cited an article that they ran. An article run in other periodicals
as well. Hence the other cites that included the same article. I
simply took the first instance that showed up.

I occasionally take things you post as factual, even considering the
source.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

You seem to be having a comprehension problem today.
My comments were about "Parade" magazine.

I cited an article that they ran. An article run in other periodicals
as well. Hence the other cites that included the same article. I
simply took the first instance that showed up.

If it's in parade, it's sure to be junk.

Jim

please reply to:

OT - Delay, Delay Steve Mackay Metalworking 3 April 9th 05 01:02 PM
Delay on a mains-powered relay? Ken Taylor Electronics Repair 45 January 20th 05 12:01 AM
Time Delay RCDs Christopher Key UK diy 8 December 17th 04 12:56 PM
Electrical Safety signs (small)& Pump delay info. Tom UK diy 15 October 6th 04 10:06 AM
shut off delay for AC cercuit Dan Hollands Electronics 2 July 18th 03 04:43 PM