Leuf

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:45:48 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

woodworker88 wrote:

Maybe you just need to get friendly with someone who has a metalworking
lathe and could cut a weird thread for you. Or just drill and tap the
hole bigger, if your comfortable with doing that. Try 5/16-18 or the
5/16 or 3/8 NC tap size. You'll need a bottoming tap though.

Drill the hole bigger, tap it for an insert, put in the insert, and you're
back down to something close to the original diameter with a more available
thread.

My intent is to not doing anything irreversable. Granted it's worth
less than what a machine shop would probably charge to do it, but I'd
still rather leave it the way I got it. For the knob it looks like
the consensus is to get a smooth knob on there and if that isn't
enough wear a glove. And for my idea for the tote, the frog screw is
just about the right length. Eventually I may even get around to
doing it...

-Leuf