Lobby Dosser

Leuf wrote:

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 02:09:44 GMT, Lobby Dosser
wrote:

How about gloves with padded palm and no fingers? I've got a pair of
them kicking around somewhere that I use now and then. You wouldn't
have to mess with every plane and you don't need to worry about them
getting caught in machinery ).

I thought about that, and I may try that. I just think it may get
uncomfortable in the summer, which is why I thought put the glove on
the knob rather than on me. I've been freezing down in the shop, it's
about 8-10 degrees colder down there than our old house. 50 degrees
is just about perfect for a long planing session though

I thought I had an old baseball glove somewhere that could donate the
material to try it out, but it seems to have vanished.

-Leuf

If you really don't want to go the glove route, here's a few other ideas:

1. Auto shift knob cover.
2. Steering wheel cover.
3. Bicycle handle bar cover.
4. Turn your own new knobs. This has the advantage of buying some new
tools, if you don't own a lathe.
5. Buy some Steve Knight planes - obvious advantage.
6. Sharpen the blades. )