J. Clarke

Leuf wrote:

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 02:09:44 GMT, Lobby Dosser
wrote:

How about gloves with padded palm and no fingers? I've got a pair of them
kicking around somewhere that I use now and then. You wouldn't have to
mess with every plane and you don't need to worry about them getting
caught in machinery ).

I thought about that, and I may try that. I just think it may get
uncomfortable in the summer, which is why I thought put the glove on
the knob rather than on me. I've been freezing down in the shop, it's
about 8-10 degrees colder down there than our old house. 50 degrees
is just about perfect for a long planing session though

I thought I had an old baseball glove somewhere that could donate the
material to try it out, but it seems to have vanished.

If there's a rough spot on the knob or a buggered up screw head sticking
out, you need to fix that, especially a screw head.

I've got a pair of gel-padded bicycle gloves that I use on occasion--they're
not uncomfortable in the summer--they have good ventilation everywhere but
the palms--after all, they're designed for competitive bicyclists, who
often work pretty hard at having fun. Check a bike shop.

-Leuf

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate