Ed Huntress

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Cydrome Leader says...

My friend in high school lived next to a very good
Chinese resturant. His brother did find cat heads
in the trash there once.

That's about as strange a your friend digging in restaurant trash.

My friend's *brother*. Get it straight if you're going to
gripe.

Apparently you've forgotten what it's like to be a pre-teenage
boy.

Jim

Not only that, but a couple of hours spent on misc.survivalist.nutbags

would
uncover an entire subculture in this country that would be completely
unsurprised to hear about people scrounging such sources for the makings

for
some fresh head cheese.

Or just "tonight's dinner"...

And why not eat something out of a dumpster if it's
intact/clean/otherwise acceptable?

For the same reason you don't **** in a storm sewer or drink from mud
puddles. You probably could get away with either, but you never know, and
it's embarrassing as hell if you get caught and have to explain yourself.

Stores throw away ridiculous
quantities of perfectly good food every day of the week, simply because
the label says it's "outdated". Never mind that it's an item that stays
good for literally years - The label says it's outdated, so we gotta
throw it away.

Yes, they do. Even worse, there are tens of thousands of people going hungry
in this country, and our public parks, at least here in the northeast, are
LOADED with hundreds of thousands of perfectly good, nutritious, and
absolutely delicious overly domesticated Canada geese that you could grab
and strangle after dark with no trouble at all. And, unlike the trash-can
and dumpster-diving way of gathering your food, you at least know where
these geese have been. uurrp. . .

--
Ed Huntress