James

Thank you everyone for the helpful responses!

I didn't expect the same quality as a Sony Trinitron, just a good basic TV
that would last a good while. Is there a better 27" TV for under $200(US)?
How about RCA or Sanyo?

I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks,
James

"JANA" wrote in message
The set you are looking at is one of the poorest quality on the market
today, if you are looking for any type of quality. These sets usually

barely
make it past their warranty period, and they are generally not

serviceable.

Don't compare the Sylvania sets from before the mid 70's to the ones of
today. The Sylvania company is not the same company that it was back then.
The name has been sold from the US owners to a foreign manufacture, and is
of not the same engineering, or quality level.

If you want a good quality set, you should be looking at Panasonic, Sony,
Hitachi, and others along that line. You will get what you pay for.

--

JANA
_____

"James" wrote in message
Hello Folks,

Can anyone comment on the Sylvania 27" Television, model# SST4274S, being
sold at Sams Club for $164.87? I have also looked at the 32" Sylvania for
$254.88, which looks like the exact same model but with a bigger screen.

It's my understanding that years ago a television with a Sylvania tube was
the thing to have. That being said, after doing some research I now know
that they are part of Funai Corp.

Is the quality still decent for a basic tv? How long can I expect it to
last?

Thanks,
James