Geoff Norfolk

Here's a site that does motorcycle cabling and nipples.....
http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.c...page/home.html and
their prices look pretty good. I've actually bodged my own nipples in the
past using either the brass rod section on a redundant Chubb type key or
just steel rod cut off the unthreaded section of an old bolt.
I had great trouble getting the solder to take to the cable......... in the
end, I had to use silver solder and a blowlamp which worked fine. The silver
solders a bit pricey..........£5 for a 2' length and it was coated in flux
but it should last for ages as I only used about 1" of it.

Geoff
"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:23:40 +0100, "Jeff" wrote:

I agree there might be different types but they are all Bowden Cables

These things are Victorian in origin. Bowden's innovation and patents'
were in finding a way to make them so they'd accurately transmit a
position. he was fortunate to do this at a time when expanding
aircraft production made a demand for them as control cables.

I dare say you can find suitable brake cables "made by Bowden". Some
of the Teleflex ones are double layered, one of each wrapping. But in
the generic sense, be careful and use the right sort.