Stephen M

I'd take choice #2, except using a grinder if it isn't a LOT of extra
stock to
remove..

It's about an inch and I don't have a grinder.... that seems like alot to
grind off anyway.

Which ever choice you make, I think that (assuming that LV said that it

was for
a 1442), you should let LV know, so that they can warn other 1442 owners

before
they buy one..

No, it's all my fault. Part of posting here is in that same spirit of
letting other folks know to check post length before purchasing an
aftermarket tool rest. After the fact I did check LV to see if the posts
were offered in different lengths, but that is not the case.

-s